Client Services Specialist
- $20 to $22 Hourly
The Client Services Specialist is the first point of contact for prospective clients. This position requires direct communication with clients to help determine eligibility or need for services. They must work in collaboration with the navigation, clinical, and other staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview prospective clients in person and over the phone to collect the needed data needed to make appropriate internal service referrals.
- Assess client needs and assist with service referrals and connections.
- Assist clients in completing Medi-Cal applications.
- Guide clients by explaining procedures, answering questions, and providing requested information.
- Collaborate with Navigators and other staff to support mutual clients.
- Follow-up with clients and prospective clients regarding missed appointments.
- Complete all required documentation and reports in a timely fashion and in the manner required by program contracts.
- Input client information into database.
- Maintain a professional, safe space, and utilize de-escalation techniques with clients when necessary.
- Administrative duties including, but not limited to filing, responding to phone messages and emails in timely manner, and attending department and staff meetings.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Must be able to work on-site full-time at any of the sites required.
- High school diploma or 2 years’ relevant work experience. College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel between sites.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary, including occasional weekend events.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Previous de-escalation training preferred.
- Ability to multitask.
- Active listening skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite preferred.
Roots Community Health Center is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values diversity of culture, thought and lived experiences. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Roots uses E-Verify to validate the eligibility of our new employees to work legally in the United States.
Roots Community Health CenterOakland, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.