Who we are: Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverage on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
We’ve been in business now for four years. In those four years, we have become the fastest-growing auto insurance company, on a % growth in premium basis. Our most recent round of funding valued us at $3.65B and brought our total VC funding to $523M. In the last year and a half, we have grown our team from 100 to nearly 800.
The position: Customer behavior is nebulous. At Root, we believe the only way to build a successful product is to intimately understand the customer through a quantitative and qualitative lens. Hypotheses must be formed and tested through continuous experimentation so that product decisions can be made rapidly. This ability is critical to our business and hinges on living and breathing data.
As a Director of Product Analytics, you will drive the data collection and analysis that is at the heart of our product decisions.
This position will report to Root's VP of Product.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of product analysts for a rapidly growing organization
- Use statistics fundamentals to provide high-level actionable information to business decision-makers across multiple areas of focus
- Set analytical direction and best practices for a team of product analysts
- Guide product teams to determine sound approach for ongoing monitoring and ad-hoc testing
- Own scheduled reporting to the business of key metrics within areas of responsibility Assess tools and processes for analysis and visualization continuously, ensuring business intelligence needs are met
- Leverage superior written and verbal communication skills to communicate results and critical insights throughout the organization
- Degree in Statistics, Engineering or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of field experience with inferential and predictive analytics
- 2+ years experience leading a team of analysts or data scientists
- Experience with insurance pricing analysis, customer behavioral analysis, and survey design a plus
- Strong technology background and proficient in SQL; familiarity with Postgres databases, JQL, and Ruby on Rails a plus
- Naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-paced environment