- Expired: September 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provide direct and indirect patient care in the clinic setting. Communicate with physicians/Clinic Care Manager/coworkers. Must be able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment and perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Perform patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to revise standard of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulate a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Assess and reassess pain management techniques utilized. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Demonstrate ability to perform treatments and provide services to level licensure.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to Clinic Care Manager, co-workers, and physicians.
- Consult other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Provide care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including: pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Demonstrate an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Identify and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Interact professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Ensure that documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Identify and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with social service/discharge planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
- Manage and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Coordinate and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
- Current registered nurse licensure in the state of New Mexico
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or must be obtained within thirty (30) days of hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of nursing services
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Working irregular hours including call hours
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
Roosevelt General Hospital
21st StreetClovis, NM
HealthcareView all jobs at Roosevelt General Hospital
Get fresh Community Health RN jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.