Rooms To Go is looking to hire a new Desktop Support Lead. This person provides strategic and operational support to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Enterprise Desktop.
Support team. The Desktop Support Site Lead will be the primary site contact and technical lead for Desktop Support. This position will be responsible for providing software and hardware technical support to the end-user community. Responsibilities include involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives. Additionally, this position will support a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and follow up with colleagues and end users, to ensure timely resolution of issues. The ability to assist with projects between internal departments is required. Strong relationships with IT departments and key customers are crucial to success.
- Lead the operational level targets and goals for the CATS organization, its personnel, services and functions.
- Respond to the organization's changing business requirements reducing incidents and disruption while maximizing value and decreasing re-work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in supported organizations to ensure a strong alignment between service targets and meeting customer objectives.
- Inspire internal teams to achieve the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction, duties include championing operational excellence initiatives involving the continued maturing of ITIL-based processes.
- Lead service improvement initiatives, manage change and engage stakeholders including internal customers, peers, staff, and outside suppliers to achieve improvements in performance.
- Impact the operational effectiveness of IT systems by ensuring that the daily activities needed to manage the IT services and the supporting IT infrastructure are conducted in the most efficient manner possible.
- Participate in interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Provide support to Facilities, IT and Security Operations as part of CATS' DCFM portfolio management.
- Performs as subject matter expert (SME) for service ticket escalations and engagement of resolver groups.
- Monitoring of service levels with internal customers and vendors and providing status to Management.
- Works efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce high quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Five or more years of relevant professional work experience in supporting an enterprise desktop environment.
- Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
o Mentoring others
o Being a high performer in an IT leadership Team and proficient with project management skills
o Written and verbal communication
o Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
o Presentation of technical information
- Candidates should have advance knowledge of:
o ITIL Fundamentals
o Working with service levels
o ITSM tools
- Candidates should be familiar with:
o Operating Systems (Apple).
o Supporting retail and warehouse environment
o Desktop Systems Management tools such as SCCM
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or an equivalent combination of education and 2 years minimum in IT Leadership
- Required: ITIL v3 Foundations
- Required: A + Certification
- Required: Network + Certification
- Required: Formal training in IT Asset Management
- Required: Formal training in Supporting Apple Operating Systems
- Required: Formal Training for Microsoft Desktop Support (MCDST Curriculum)