As a part-time Warehouse and Merchandise Associate in our Outlet at Room & Board, you will be part of a 5-person team responsible for accepting weekly semi-trailer loads of furniture and other home furnishings and preparing our 25,000 sq. ft. Outlet for our customers to visit and shop over the weekend.
You will work a consistent schedule on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 7:30AM-4:00PM (24 hrs/week). For a short time you will be asked to work 1-2 weekend days a month instead of your Wednesday day shift to gain a better understanding of our team, product knowledge and the customer experience in the Outlet.
Location: 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN 55422
Your typical week will look something like this:
- Mondays – Safely and effectively offloading 3 to 4 semi-trailer loads of product with care utilizing proper equipment to minimize damage and injuries. You’ll obtain forklift certification (provided by us) and maintain safe usage of equipment used within the warehouse. Placing and re-arranging product on the showroom floor.
- Tuesdays – Safely and carefully relocate and stage product through the outlet showroom.
- Wednesdays – Finalizing merchandising and preparing the outlet showroom including spot cleaning the furniture as needed, completing product details (shelving, bracketing, etc.), placing price tags on product, and general cleaning and organization throughout the showroom.
The qualities you’ll bring:
- You are a solid team player. You enjoy working on a small team where you’re contributions are noticed and where your relationships have meaning. You proactively communicate and are willing to pitch in where needed.
- You are athletic – including core strength, agility and stamina. You enjoy being on your feet in a physically active role and the diverse responsibilities this role will bring each day.
- You maintain high standards in your work. You care when it comes to safety, cleanliness and organization, and you look to contribute in a way that results in minimal workplace accidents and minimal damage to the product.
- You take pride in the details of your work. You’ll notice when something isn’t right and either fix it or bring it to someone’s attention that can. You become confident in your decision making as you settle into the role.
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or similar environment requiring physical stamina.
- You understand the importance of safe working habits and that this is a physically-demanding role requiring you to repeatedly lift 75-100 pounds independently throughout the day.
- You'll need to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical and physical abilities test.
What we offer:
- A guaranteed salary, starting at $24,000
- A comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), on site fitness center and more.