Join a brand that, for more than 35 years, has been creating modern furnishings designed to be practical, timeless and comfortable. A brand that focuses on sustainability and takes pride in American-made with more than 90% of our products being manufactured by family-owned vendor partners around the country.
As a Marketing Insights Analyst with Room & Board, you will join our 20-person brand/marketing team that is responsible for strengthening and promoting our brand. You’ll step into a role that will shape and transform data into meaningful business insights as you monitor and identify key activities and trends in customer behavior information/data from our business initiatives (both online & offline). Your insights will play a key role in developing initiatives emphasizing sales growth, customer acquisition/retention and conversion rates.
You’ll report directly to our Marketing Insights Manager and work out of our Central Offices located between downtown Minneapolis and the West End (Highway 100 & 55):
Location: 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN 55422
More insight into the responsibilities:
- Monitor and understand sales data to inform marketing/advertising plans and provide recommendations/adjustments and identify opportunities. Understand how online campaigns impact each other as well as offline campaigns and organic results.
- Responsible for oversight of testing strategies and reporting (regular and ad hoc) on the performance of all direct mail, email and digital campaigns, including results by platform, device, creative campaign and audience segment and provide performance results to effectively maximize marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with internal (e.g. tech and content) and external teams (e.g. advertising agency) to prioritize, optimize and execute recommendations
- Tool/platform expert and dashboard owner in collaboration with external partners
- Maintain awareness of current and future external factors, emerging trends and opportunities that may impact profitability and/or help us to grow intelligently
- Act as a resource to key business partners by providing insight into marketing effectiveness
What you can expect:
- You’ll work with enormous amounts of data (working with Alteryx). And, not just pulling the data, understanding it and telling the story behind it. You’ll add new tools to your tool belt, while gaining depth and breadth of the role.
- A work atmosphere that is nimble and highly collaborative and offers real-time feedback.
- You’ll gain hands-on exposure and a bird's-eye view of the inner workings of a talented marketing group inside a solid and well-articulated brand. Our size allows you to have a direct impact on the greater organization.
- Our unique, progressive benefits go beyond the basics of health insurance and vacation to support you physically, emotionally and financially. You’ll receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, generous 401(k) match, profit sharing, and several perks. To view the benefits we offer, please visit: https://www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.ftl
The qualities you bring:
- You’re collaborative and continuously look for new ways of doing things and actively participate in sharing information to support decision making. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and nimble in responding to the changes and growth in the digital age.
- You bring proficient problem-solving and data storytelling skills – ability to translate data into actionable marketing insights.
- You’re a confident self-starter with strong decision-making ability and excellent analytical and communication skills. You have a genuine desire to build meaningful professional relationships for the good of the individual and benefit of the organization.
The qualifications you bring:
- 2+ years of experience working with self-service analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx) and web analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Site Catalyst). Retail experience preferred, but not required
- Proven digital/social experience including managing campaigns on multiple platforms
- Good understanding of performance marketing, conversion and customer acquisition
- Technical ability in a broad array of qualitative and quantitative methods