You love working with your hands and have an affinity for beautiful, high-quality craftsmanship. You appreciate a hard day’s work where you’re surrounded by a team of peers who are as equally committed to quality and promoting a safe and respectful work environment, and where your leadership team gives you the freedom to do your best work. And, you value knowing your work has a direct impact on how our customers feel about their purchase with us. Did we forget to mention, you appreciate having some fun in your day, too?
As a In Home Furniture Service / Repair Technician with Room & Board, you join a 3-person team of talented craftspeople who work in partnership to repair a variety of American-made, handcrafted wood and upholstered furniture items to the level of quality that defies one to find the original flaw. About 70% +/- of the time you will be supporting Room & Board's overall goal of helping customers create homes they love by performing furniture service and repairs in the customer's home. In addition 30% +/- You will work as part of a larger delivery/distribution team (30 + team members) who seamlessly and respectfully work together to solve problems and deliver a level of customer experience that sets Room & Board apart from other home furnishing retailers.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with occassional overtime as needed.
Location: 450 Valley Drive, Brisbane CA 94005
What you bring to be successful:
- Skilled trade. You bring at minimum of 3 years of experience mending, repairing, refinishing and touching up solid wood home furnishings as well as upholstery stitching/repair. As well as knowledge to safely operate a variety of hand tools (i.e., screwdrivers, hand drills, drill guns, skill saw, jig saw, etc.).
- Collaborative Team player. You are comfortable with a high level of autonomy and assume personal responsibility and manage your own time well. But you also value being part of a team and puts the success of your team above your own interests. You accept responsibility for your actions and follow through on your commitments to achieve getting great work done as a team.
- Detailed eye. Whether you are matching an existing finish on a table top, replacing a panel of fabric on a sofa or keeping the workplace safe and organized, you bring precision to your work and take pride in your craftsmanship.
- Effective Communicator. You bring a professional and direct communication style that makes you approachable in the workplace. You appreciate receiving and giving feedback in a manner that makes working together better. You easily apply common sense and comprehension to read and interpret safety rules, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- You can successfully pass a pre-employment physical to ensure you are capable of performing the physical aspects of the role.
What we offer:
- Steady work and consistent schedule. A steady pace with a regular schedule of Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional overtime.
- Solid Pay & Comprehensive Benefit package. You will receive a guaranteed salary that rewards your skill level and contribution to the team's efforts and generous benefits that support your emotional, financial and physical well-being including: medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), an annual health and wellness reimbursement up to $300 and more.
To learn more about our benefits and working at Room & Board, please visit https://www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.ftl
Throughout their career, our Furniture Repair Technician enjoy being able to go deeper in their roles and are given additional opportunities to serve within their teams and communities.