ROOFERS MART SOUTHEAST INSIDE (COUNTER) SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
Roofers Mart Southeast, Inc. is the leading Distributor of Commercial and Residential Roofing Materials and Supplies in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle dating back to 1987. Our Theodore, AL. Branch has an opportunity for an aggressive, hardworking, multi-tasking individual interested in Inside Sales and Customer Service. The secret to our success since our inception in 1987 is simple; we have the hardest working, most qualified, and experienced long term professional employees in our market. The top manufacturers in our industry have partnered with Roofers Mart to distribute their products and the top contractors’ partner with Roofers Mart to supply their projects. To be part of this team you must be committed to do whatever is necessary to be successful and possess the following skill set:
- Organized and Ability to Multi-Task: Position requires multiple skills and ability to shift from one task to another as dictated by our customer’s timeline. Must remain calm while performing under pressure, and then seamlessly revert back to previous task. Critical (and multiple) documents must be efficiently organized to ensure they flow through office channels as required by accounting.
· Computer Skills/Tech Savvy: Position requires extensive computer use. Must be proficient and experienced with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Accounting Software, ELD Vehicle Tracking, and ability to navigate numerous manufacturers’ websites for technical, safety data, etc.
· Strong communication skills: Both written and verbal. Position requires constant direct involvement with our customer base. At the counter you’re often the first interaction with customer. Frequent email exchanges with vendors/coworkers.
· Daily tasks: Key orders placed by customers at sales counter, over the phone, or via email. Orders can be lengthy and tedious. Need to be detail oriented to make sure orders are accurately keyed with appropriate pricing. Work with Roofers Mart Team to coordinate deliveries per our customer’s needs. Carefully check order acknowledgements from our manufacturers for accuracy.
· Assisting customers: help customer base with any needs such as product/system information, coverage rates, product availability and pricing. Answer any questions timely and accurately. Customer is often relying on the information provided to them by the Roofers Mart Team, so high importance on being accurate and detailed in the information you provide. Be willing to go above and beyond customer expectations in assisting them.
· Answering phone: Take phone calls as they come in. Take orders by phones from customers, direct calls that come in as needed.
· Frequently check material inventory: place orders with vendors as directed by Manager to maintain adequate inventory levels. Assist Branch Manager monitor and maintain inventory (Goal is not to over stock items, but prevent stock-outs).
· Assist Branch Manager/Salesmen: Provide support to branch manager/salesmen by providing a hand in multiple tasks (Pricing, gathering information, quoting projects, providing reports, inventory status, etc.)
· Schedule deliveries (warehouse): Work closely with Branch Manager to coordinate daily deliveries per our customer’s requirements. Communicate job site details with drivers. Monitor ELD Vehicle Tracking to ensure our truck drivers are operating in compliance with DOT hours of service regulations.
· Schedule deliveries (drop ship): Schedule multi-truckload deliveries originating from our manufacturers plants scattered throughout the country. Work closely with manufacturer to coordinate same in compliance with our customer’s needs. Take necessary actions to make changes as required by customer – often on short notice while projecting sense of calm but communicating urgency. Provide customer with detailed written delivery schedules on projects and keep them informed of any delays.
· Assist in warehouse & maintain showroom: Assist in warehouse as needed pulling orders, shipping and receiving material, perform cycle counts, operate forklift. Make sure showroom is clean and showcasing available products.
· Construction/Distribution industry experience preferred.
· High School Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification to be eligible for employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Salary, commission, and bonus commensurate with experience ($35,000 - $70,000 per year)
· Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health & Dental
· 401K Profit Sharing Plan
· Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
· Paid Holidays and Vacation
· Opportunity to be part of a team of highly successful professionals. We work hard, we work closely together, make lifetime friendships with fellow employees, our customers, and our suppliers. We all rejoice in one another’s success. The days go by fast!
· If you are looking for our website; we don’t have one. After 33 years in our market the top Roofing Manufacturers and Contractors know exactly who we are. That said we welcome constructive suggestions that enhance our continued growth and efficiencies.