Inside Sales Representative
Roofers Mart Southeast, Inc. Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ROOFERS MART SOUTHEAST INSIDE (COUNTER) SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
Roofers Mart Southeast, Inc. is the leading independent Distributor of Commercial and Residential Roofing Materials and Supplies in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle. Our Birmingham, AL. Branch has an opportunity for an aggressive, multi-tasking individual interested in Inside Sales and Customer Service. The secret to our success since our inception in 1987 is simple; we have the hardest working, most qualified, and experienced long term professional employees in our market. The top manufacturers in our industry partner with Roofers Mart to distribute their products, and the top contractors choose Roofers Mart to supply their projects. To be part of this team you must be committed to do whatever is necessary to be successful and possess the following skill set:
- Organized and Ability to Multi-Task: Position requires multiple skills and ability to shift from one task to another as dictated by our customer’s timeline, not yours. Must remain calm while performing under pressure, and then seamlessly revert to previous task. Critical (and multiple) documents must be efficiently organized to ensure they flow through office channels as required by accounting.
· Computer Skills/Tech Savvy: Position requires extensive computer use. Must be proficient, and experienced with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Accounting Software, ELD Vehicle Tracking, and ability to navigate numerous manufacturers’ websites for technical, safety data, etc.
· Strong communication skills: Both written and verbal. Position requires constant direct involvement with our customers and vendors. At the counter you’re often the first interaction with the customer. Frequent email exchanges with vendors/coworkers/contractor customers.
· Daily tasks: Ability to process orders while dealing efficiently with customers at the sales counter and juggling phone, and email correspondence with contractors, vendors, and fellow employees. Orders can be lengthy and tedious. Must be detail oriented to ensure orders are accurately keyed with appropriate pricing and quantity. Coordinate deliveries with vendors and contractors. Check order acknowledgements for accuracy.
· Assisting customers: Help customer base with product/system information, coverage rates, product availability and pricing. Answer questions timely and accurately. Customer relies on information provided by the Roofers Mart Team. Therefore, accurate and detailed information must be communicated. Be willing to go above and beyond customer expectations when assisting them.
· Answering phone: Take phone calls as they come in. Take orders by phones from customers, direct calls that come in as needed.
· Frequently check material inventory: place orders with vendors as directed by Manager to maintain adequate inventory levels. Assist management monitor and maintain inventory (Goal is not to over stock items but prevent stock-outs).
· Assist Management/Salesmen: Provide daily support to management, and sales by assisting with multiple tasks (Pricing, gathering information, quoting projects, providing reports, inventory status, etc.)
· Schedule deliveries (warehouse): arrange daily deliveries for incoming orders with customers and communicate job site details with drivers. Monitor ELD Vehicle Tracking to ensure our truck drivers are operating in compliance with DOT.
· Schedule deliveries (drop ship): Schedule multi-truckload deliveries originating from our vendor’s plants scattered throughout the country. Work closely with vendor to coordinate deliveries in compliance with our customer’s needs. Take necessary actions to make changes as required by customer (often on short notice) while projecting sense of calm but communicating urgency. Provide customers detailed written delivery schedules on projects and keep them informed of any delays.
· Assist in warehouse & maintain showroom: Assist in warehouse as needed pulling orders, shipping, and receiving material, perform cycle counts, operate forklift. Make sure showroom is clean and showcasing available products.
· Construction/Distribution industry experience preferred.
· High School Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification to be eligible for employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Salary commission and bonus commensurate with experience.
· Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health & Dental
· 401K Profit
· Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
· Paid Holidays and Vacation
· Opportunity to be part of a team of highly successful professionals. We work hard, we work closely together, make lifetime friendships with fellow employees, our customers, our suppliers, and we all rejoice in one another’s success. The days go by fast!
· If you are looking for our website; don’t bother. We don’t need one. After 34 years in our market the top Roofing Manufacturers and Contractors know exactly who we are.
· Equal Opportunity Employer
Roofers Mart Southeast, Inc.
429 Industrial LaneBirmingham, AL
BusinessView all jobs at Roofers Mart Southeast, Inc.