- Under limited direction, provide high-level customer service for administrative HR functions.
- Using discretion, sound judgment and strong problem solving skills, serve as an information and referral resource to answer questions or resolve issues directly, or refer to the appropriate resources and contacts.
- Ensure that issues are thoroughly researched and resolved.
- Serve as a key HR team liaison with other departments, such as Division offices, Human Resources Service Center (HRSC), International Researchers and Scholars Office (IRSO), and Payroll.
HR Administrative Support
- Using strong technical and analytical skills, provide a diverse range of HR administrative support functions. The HR Assistant applies excellent organizational and workload management skills to handle multiple requests under tight timelines, and independently complete tasks of varying complexity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process personnel actions including status changes, reclassifications, terminations, org transfers, etc. and generate related standard correspondence with customers as appropriate
- Maintain HRIS records, including data entry and data integrity
- Generate and distribute all recurring and ad hoc reports
- Track temporary employee populations, including Term, Limited and Postdoctoral Fellow appointments
- Track probationary employees and S&E's with mid-term review requirements
- Initiate Rehired Retiree appointments and process renewals
- Maintain HR files and records, including personnel files, and archive as needed
- Assist with the annual performance management process, including data entry into HRIS, spreadsheet management, and data tracking
- High School diploma or equivalent. Typically requires a minimum of 2-4 years related experience.
- Comprehensive prior administrative work experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to resolve complex assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities under tight timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills with experience using Peoplesoft (or other HRIS software), MS Word, Excel, Taleo (or other recruiting tracking software), electronic mail and calendar systems.
- Experience with processing of HR transactions.
- General knowledge of typical HR policies and procedures, benefits, recruitment and systems
- Ability to use good judgment and exercise discretion in carrying out duties related to confidential matters.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Excellent customer services skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to establish administrative and HR-related information tracking systems.
- Ability to effectively utilize resources to conduct research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
RONIN's capabilities are evident in our people, processes, and tools. Our history of successful, high-quality contract performance is built upon our world class technical background and on our expertise managing contracts and programs.
Driven by our service mantra of the 4 C’s – “Clear, Consistent and Constant Communication”, RONIN's “High Touch” programs are developed keeping in mind our customers’ program needs and other business drivers including but not limited to, increasing efficiencies, introducing best practices and processes, increasing spend visibility, using business analytics to understand trends and realizing their impact, ensuring workplace safety, leveraging direct labor and billing rates rationalization (on a national basis), increasing diversity spend and diversity inclusion.