Title: Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Pay: depending on experience
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Length: 4 month contract + possible extension
An active DoD Secret Clearance is Required
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package;
- Attend technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties;
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS;
- Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM;
- Conduct periodic reviews of ISs to ensure compliance with the security authorization package;
- Serve as member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB);
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM prior to the change;
- Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization;
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly;
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals;
- Assist in the development and oversight of program Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans;
- Ensures audit records are protected, collected and reviewed
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and 3 years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- An active SECRET (or higher) DoD Security Clearance is required
- A current DoD 8570 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CAP, GSLC, CASP CE, CISA, CISM, or CISSP) is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present reports to management; motivated to thoroughly investigate, analyze, and document system issues and resolutions.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and to complete assigned projects on time; provides consistent status updates to ensure IT security projects stay focused.
- Consistent attention to detail - completes tasks per standard operating procedures; reports discovered anomalies and inconsistencies.
- Persistent and creative problem solver - strong troubleshooting skills and determined to find solutions to technical problems; identifies root cause and presents possible solutions to management.
- Strong work ethic and a proven professional - respectful, dependable, takes initiative and follows through, dedicated to excellence and getting the job done.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and/or Linux system administration (2+ years).
- Familiarity with configuration control and change management (SCCM).
- Experience with networking concepts (switches, network security, TACLANE).
- Experience with security concepts (Data Loss Prevention, Active Directory, and Security Log Analysis).
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or Cyber Security, but candidate with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- Active and continuous learner - either higher education or Continuing Professional Education.
- Operating System and networking certifications.
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.).
- Direct experience with a Department of Defense (DoD) or Defense Industrial Base (DIB) company supporting critical information systems.
Ronin Staffing, LLC