Title: Administrative Assistant
Pay: up to $33.24/hr
Location: Berkeley, CA 94720
Duration: 6 – 12 month
What You Will Do:
· Provide day-to-day administrative support to staff and guests, Division’s Business Center Resources, and Department and Division Leadership.
· Provide guidance and training to ensure compliance with various administrative and general business processes.
· Orient Staff and Affiliates to resources. Create and maintain filing systems.
· Act as a backup for administrative personnel at other locations.
· Will be responsible for coordinating fully hosted seminars and meetings.
· Coordinating the Distinguished Scientist Seminar Series, Modeling Forums, interview itineraries, and other group organized events.
· Responsible for ensuring general calendar is up to date and is a resource for planning purposes throughout the Division. Support all aspects of event planning.
· Organize and plan/manage events/meetings: identify hotel and meeting space, dates, AV, meal, special shuttle, evening dinner needs, logistics, travel, accommodations, and transportation needs.
· Create Event Approval Request.
· Act as a Property Coordinator. Update property databases with new custodian assignments, property passes; support annual inventory review.
· Support the Procurement (ePRO) Requisition Process.
· Represent the Division on a variety of councils and committees within and external to the Division as assigned.
· Track and maintain accurate data and reports.
· Ensure accurate and timely completion of activities associated with various financial and administrative responsibilities in response to funding sponsors, the Institution, the Division, and Division Program level requirements.
· Work on special projects for senior management or other activities as assigned by your Supervisor and/or Business Manager.
· Lead or provide direction to support personnel. Serve as a team/ project leader on administrative projects
What Is Required:
· This opportunity requires a confident team player with excellent interpersonal/customer service skills and a minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative assistant experience.
· Must be able to work effectively with a diverse range of people.
· Works independently and as a part of a team that includes individuals of various levels within the organization.
· Strong computer skills at an intermediate to advanced level, including Microsoft Office, electronic mail, and calendaring systems.
· Confidentiality and discretion skills are a must.
· Experience with administrative and financial transactions and documentation (such as procurements, travel); working with financial/nonfinancial data (such as office metrics, publications and citations databases); planning conferences and meetings; processing routine HR actions (time keeping, employee and guest hire forms); interacting with general office activities.
· Strong skills with a great interest in working with accessing, relating, inputting and maintaining databases with a demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into charts, graphs, and queries using various software applications.
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills and ability to independently compose standard correspondence and other administrative letters, email, etc.
· Ability to conduct work at multiple locations, travel to various onsite locations and be mobile.
· Ability to work occasional overtime