The Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Family Room Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview: The Director of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Family Room Program is a full time, hourly position and reports to the Vice President of Families and Programs. The Director of RMHC Family Room Program is responsible for providing a comfortable and supportive home-like space for parents and primary care givers (Erlanger Hospital, Baroness Campus) to gain rest to focus on their critical child in the hospital. Along with the day to day operations of the RMHC Family Room it will also include volunteer training and management, coordination of the Ala Carte Program, and managing the relationship between RMHC and the medical facility departments that support these satellite programs. Additionally, this person will assist with volunteer on-boarding and orientation for the RMHC House, our cornerstone Program. This position is an integral part of the Programs team and will need to effectively work together to accommodate family needs.Essential Functions:
Partnership Management between the Medical Facility and RMHC
- Promotes an atmosphere of support, warmth, understanding and open communication with families, volunteer, medical community and staff.
- Manages relationships between medical facility and RMHC by complying with all expectations of the medical facilities and meeting medical facility requirements.
- Manages all guest relations, assuring compliance with RMHC guidelines.
- Promotes the Family Room and the Ala Carte operation within the hospital to increase awareness of the program services.
- Responsible for cleanliness, inspections, maintenance and organization of the Family Room.
- Works closely with various departments within each medical facility to ensure program areas are running at optimum efficiency.
Family Room and Ala Carte Operation
- Responsible for supervisory support with the day to day operation for the Family Room and the Ala Carte operation, included but not limited to collaborative work with volunteers, staffing shifts, adherence to RMHC and hospital guidelines, facility management and raising awareness of the Family Room.
- Responsible for managing all data in relation to volunteers and families. Ensuring all data is transferred if needed to RMHC database (Areeva) and reports are prepared monthly for VP of Families & Programs.
- Manages food and supply inventory for both Family Room and the Ala Carte.
- Manages in-kind donations including delivery, storage and acknowledgment.
- Manages satisfaction survey results, data entry and analysis.
- Oversees aspects of volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and ongoing management for the volunteers at the Family Room.
- Responsible for the day to day interaction with volunteers, including scheduling and coordination of filling open shifts.
- Responsible for utilizing technology to manage volunteer records and schedules, routinely evaluating effectiveness and researching alternatives, if needed.
- Assists in all appreciation efforts for all RMHC volunteers, including but not limited to thank you notes and volunteer appreciation.
- Supports volunteer programs initiatives by working with the volunteer team by assisting with volunteer inquires and data entry of new volunteers, volunteer hours and guest family information.
- Strong customer-service skills, ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Must be able to successfully complete all hospital volunteer requirements, including background check and immunization requirements
- Ability to be self-motivated & work independently with strong organization skills
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under deadlines
- Exhibit patience, compassion, positivity, tact, flexibility and professionalism.
- Computer experience is required.
- Ability to respond to and handle emergency and conflict management
- Maintain a professional manner in working with the volunteers, staff and community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Position description is for informational purposes and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Additional duties that are consistent with the responsibility level of this position may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
RMHC is committed to equal employment opportunity both in principal and in fact.
Powered by JazzHR
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Get fresh Ronald Associates jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.