Senior Electrical Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Romanoff Group of companies are a blend of commercial and residential, Electrical and Heating & Cooling companies created in Columbus, Ohio, with offices in Cincinnati, Louisville, Nashville, Raleigh and Charlotte, Atlanta and Richmond. Since our company began, our growth has been firmly rooted in the pride of our craftsmen, coupled with a blend of stellar project management and industry leading knowledge. Our team members are truly our greatest asset. With a constant dedication to their craft, each day our team members support our companies' commitment to our customers and the communities in which we serve.
We are actively seeking Senior Electrical Project Manager in Raleigh, NC area to join our award WINNING team.
Great Reasons to Join Romanoff:
- Named Top Work Place (7x)
- Highly Competitive Wage
- Excellent Benefits Package (Health/Vision/Dental/Life/STD/LTD/Accident and Critical Illness)
- $15k Company Paid Life Insurance
- ESOP Retirement Plan (We are 100% employee owned)
- Training and Support
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Apprenticeship
Position Responsibilities for Electrical Project Manager:
- Initiate, attend, coordinate, and/or conduct meetings and activities as directed by assigned V.P. Operations
- Work with supervisors, trade contractors, and suppliers to manage assigned schedules, project progress, shop drawing requirements, and material deliveries to ensure attainment of project objectives, schedule completion, and timely deliveries
- Monitor project performance on assigned projects to ensure that project is completed within established schedules and weekly report quantities, project budget established at hand-off, and quality standards in complete compliance with all plans, specifications, and shop drawings
- Guide and assists employees in identifying, analyzing, and resolving existing or anticipated obstacles in a manner to meet task/project schedules.
- Work with Project Coordinators in personnel alignment and scheduling to facilitate weekly action plans
- Assist in timely billing, approval of invoices, regular review of job costs, reports, project history, and purchase order history
- Inform, clarify, and confers weekly project progress with V.P. Operations
- Review and interpret blueprints/shop drawings and other project documents to formulate accurate management approach
- Conduct project estimating in a manner that awarded projects are attainable within contract quotes and timelines
- Oversee subcontracts and monitors weekly performance for conformance to contract agreements and schedules
- Participate in employee performance review process giving accurate non-bias job performance appraisals
- Cultivate a working relationship with managers, supervisors, fellow workers, and customers that encourage a cooperative environment
- Understand the scope of work/responsibilities of other trades at work site
- Perform routine inspections of projects to verify project scope and specifications, Company standards, and compliance are within local and National Electric Code
- Maintain knowledge of building construction: concrete, masonry, metal, and stick construction
- Apply electrical formulas accurately
- Plan and organize tasks in order to meet project deadlines
- Accurately documents project/work situations, both written and verbally, accurately and timely to ensure the Company a means of protection through proper documentation (i.e. possible liens and or claims)
- Understands and follows the NEC, state, and local codes
- Ability to modify behavior style and management to effectively manage tasks that require a change in work plans or schedule
- Maintain knowledge of security systems, fire alarm systems, process controllers and control loops, air conditioning, and environmental controls
- Enforce O.S.H.A. requirements
- Understand mechanical systems that interface with electrical work to provide safe operating systems
- Perform acceptable work practices that can be emulated by fellow employees
- Report accidents or incidents to the Safety Manager in a timely manner as outlined per Company Policy
- Inspect subcontractor performance for conformance to contract agreements and schedules
- Assist in project closings, updates punch lists, and gathers information for record drawings
- Cultivate new business relationships and maintains existing relationships with clients through monthly public relations activity, membership in professional trade-related organizations/ associations, and other community groups in order to identify new contracts and gain consideration in construction negotiations
- Utilize Company computerized estimating programs for changes orders and estimates
- Update job skills by participating in training sponsored by the company
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the Commercial and/ or Residential electrical field
- New Construction experience
- A valid driver’s license
Preferred Qualification Requirements
- Multi-Family project knowledge
- Fire Alarm License
- Completion of an Accredited Apprenticeship Program
- Must be able to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting and lifting
- Must be able to speak English and hear to communicate
- Must be able to use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools
- Must be able to pick up, lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, and occasionally work off of platforms/scaffolding (using the appropriate fall protection requirements)
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while wearing appropriate PPE
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks/respirators, hi-vis safety vests, gloves and safety toe, construction-grade work boots
Our Hiring Process
- You find our ad.
- You read the ad and it piques your interest or at the very least, you want to disprove our claims.
- You apply, email, phone call, carrier pigeon, etc.
- We send you an email and make a “date” to get to know each other better.
- We meet and share.
- We dig each other and decide, we belong together.
- You get some super fun onboarding email, take a drug test and have a background check completed. And if all goes well,
- You join the team and tell friends and complete strangers how awesome WE ARE!
We are excited to be named Top Work Place (X7), by our team and this year, every company was able to participate distinguishing us as a Top Work Place USA company! We’re proud of the company culture we built as we have grown to over 750 employees across the Midwest and Southeast. We are office administrators, accounting specialists, HVAC and Electrical craftsmen and woman, we are service technicians and warehouse personnel that love coming to work every day. Want to love your job like we do? Check us out.
Romanoff Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Romanoff Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?