Roman Empire ABA Services is seeking energetic ABA Case Supervisors and we want YOU to join our team!
Who You Are:
- Compassionate, caring, energetic and flexible
- Available to work part-time especially afternoons and evenings
- Ability to pass a state and federal background check
- Have reliable transportation and valid Insurance to willingness to travel throughout service area
Why You’ll Love Roman Empire ABA Services:
- Family Owned Business with a lot room for growth!
- 401k: A generous retirement savings package with employer matching
- Sign On Bonus worth $200 for new employees
- Drive Time: Employees are paid for drive time and receive mileage reimbursement.
- Tablets are provided to all Case Supervisors
- Opportunity to earn your Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Paid training prior to working with clients
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on the lives of the children served and their families
- Part time position with the possibility of turning in a Full time position
Job Type: Part-time
- A Masters' Degree for ABA Case Supervisor, Educational coursework completed in the areas of: Psychology, Child Development, Special Education, or a related field is preferred.
- Previous work experience of 1-3 years with ABA and Autism
- Knowledge and experience with DTT,
- Experience conducting assessments
- Bilingual in Spanish is a big plus
- $30.00-$35.00 (Depending on Experience)
- Supervise Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs for a caseload of children with autism spectrum disorders, ages 24 months to 21 years, including the management of behavior therapists.
- Designs and supervises individualized ABA programs for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders, ages 6 months to 21 years, in natural settings – in-home, out in the community, in schools, and within other peer-group social contexts.
- Schedules and attends regular home visits with therapist to review program effectiveness, make recommendations, monitor data collection, chart progress and provide parent coaching.
- Assures clients receive interventions to meet the full extent of the services authorized.
- Coordinates visits to overlap with Behavior Therapists to observe sessions and provide coaching and clinical support in all settings where treatment is provided.
- Regularly analyzes session data and reviews documentation submitted by Behavior Therapists such as session notes and lesson plans; updates individualized programs to ensure that they reflect each child’s development and progress towards identified goals.
- Conducting initial assessments and provide progress reports every 6 months to generate treatment plans and assessment reports.
- Plans and leads training with Behavior Therapists.
- Plans and leads treatment plan review meetings with family.
- Address program delivery with families; including parent coaching to support the treatment plan, challenges with implementation, parent participation, scheduling, and work environment as necessary.
- Must attend staff meetings, training, and other meetings as requested.
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Manager.
- Attaining and achieving position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- Cover sessions, as needed
- Office Location: Elk Grove, Ca
Case Supervisor - Administrative Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting billable hour requirements set forth in annual budget and for providing efficient and effective service in all areas of performance.
- Maintain accurate documentation of billable tasks that meets the requirements of regulatory agencies and funding sources, and is HIPAA compliant.
- Track direct and indirect client sessions to ensure that services are provided to the full extent of the authorization for each client.
- Assist scheduler in the process of assigning Behavior Interventionists to treatment teams based on identified needs of clients and staff.
- Maintains up to date files for all clients assigned.
- Participate in recruitment, interviewing, selection, and on boarding of clinical staff.
- Responsible to complete additional administrative tasks as assigned by Clinical Manager.
Case Supervisor - Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Support staff in meeting productivity requirements set forth in annual budget and for providing efficient and effective service in all areas of performance.
- Provide regular performance feedback to Behavior Interventionists supervised related to their strengths and areas for improvement, work with Behavior Interventionists to set goals for professional development; conduct formal performance reviews of direct reports, under the guidance of Clinical Manager.
- Manage the performance of direct reports. Work directly with Clinical Manager to implement support/development plans and/or formal corrective action when necessary.