Youth & Young Adult Ministry Manager
Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington South Burlington, VT
- Posted: 26 days ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington, Vermont, is looking for a Youth and Young Adult Ministry Manager to join our team. The Diocesan Youth & Young Adult Ministry Manager (DYM) is first and foremost an evangelizer of faith in Jesus Christ in the Roman Catholic Church. His or her role is to lead youth and young adults into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is lived out in intentional Catholic discipleship. The Manager works with parishes and pastors to develop youth and young adult ministries at the parish and deanery level by supporting and training local leadership. In support of these local initiatives, the Manager offers Diocesan-wide programs to provide the youth and young adults of the Diocese with the opportunity to grow in their Catholic faith, experience Catholic community, and establish a strong Catholic identity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a key and participatory team member within the Office of Pastoral Ministries and all of the department offerings. The DYM is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and the establishment of goals for the projects and programs offered through this office with the assistance and direct supervision of the Executive Director of Pastoral Ministries.
- Develop strong working relationship with Pastors, parish youth ministers, and Parish Catechetical Leaders, through leadership, sharing knowledge, pro-active involvement, training and support of them and their ministry.
- Offer leadership to Pastors and parishes to assist their developing youth and young adult ministry at the parish and/or deanery level and provide on-going support after those ministries have been established.
- Develop and facilitate the Diocesan Youth Ministry Advisory Committee.
- Coordinate and organize Diocesan youth and young adult ministry activities, including retreats, youth rallies, chastity education and the annual March for Life. Assist with the Diocesan Totus Tuus Program.
- Maintain and update the Youth Ministry and Young Adult sections of the Diocesan Website and Social Media.
- Compile and submit a fiscal year budget for all Diocesan programming for youth and young adult ministry.
The DYM should be a model of Catholic living to the youth and young adults of the Diocese. They are to have a working knowledge and understanding of the theological principles of the Catholic Church and its teachings and be able to articulate them to youth and adults alike without ambiguity.
He or she is to abide by all of the rules and regulations as set forth in the Diocesan Code of Conduct and Diocesan Personnel Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual will be a practicing Catholic in accordance with Canon 874 §1, 3◦, 4◦ of the Code of Canon Law.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Theology, a master’s degree is preferred, and youth ministry leadership experience; equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority. Knowledge of theology, canon law, education of youth/young adults. Past experience in working with youth and young adults is a plus but not a non-negotiable.
To apply, please address your cover letter and resume to: Danny Daniel, Human Resources.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington (Vermont) serves a population of 118,000 Catholics. There are 42 active priests, 49 permanent deacons and 40 religious ministering in 73 parishes and 20 missions. The Diocese includes 14 Catholic schools (including St. Therese Digital Academy) and a catechetical system with an estimated 4,700 students. Vermont Catholic Charities is proud to have been providing services to individuals and families throughout Vermont since 1929. Our programs support the young and the elderly, individuals and families, the imprisoned and newly released. Our goal is to enhance the dignity, self-respect, confidence and personal development of individuals whose lives are touched by our programs. VCC offers four fully licensed Level III care facilities throughout Vermont.
AddressSouth Burlington, VT
SpiritualView all jobs at Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington