Columbia Campus Facilities Assistant - Part-Time
Rolling Hills Community Church is looking for a Christ-following part-time Facilities Assistant for our Columbia Campus. Experience at a church or in ministry is preferred, but not required. We look forward to hearing your faith story and whether God is leading you to Rolling Hills as a part of that story.
We're seeking a great multitasker to serve as the Facilities Assistant to supervise and complete the maintenance and cleaning of our Columbia Campus. We believe that our facilities are a tool for ministry not only for our church partners, but also for our surrounding communities. The ideal Facilities Assistant is detail-focused, able to handle multiple projects and events at once, while working with a team of both employees and volunteers, and has a good working knowledge of building systems and operations. Local Candidates Only!
To serve alongside the Central Facilities Director and Campus Pastor, assisting with maintaining and overseeing the facilities, both interior and exterior, to ensure a great environment for ministry and business at our Columbia Campus.
Desire to Assist Others
- Live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be a servant leader to his or her staff and teams of volunteers, the families and the overall church body.
- Grow personally in his/her own leadership and ministerial abilities by reading, attending conferences and having godly and professional mentors in his/her life.
- Be involved in the overall life of the church body by being a partner/member, actively participating in a community group, church-wide events, and functions.
- Be an excited and contributing member of the RHCC
- Be available on days in-between Sunday Services, Wednesday night programming, and special events.
- Assist in overseeing activities that take place inside the Columbia Campus buildings or outside on the grounds.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers for assistance.
- Ensure buildings are clean, set up and ready for all weekly programming and outside events.
- Help install and maintain seasonal, campaign, and sermon-based decor.
- Ensure contract cleaning company and internal staff complete work to the expected high standards.
- Assist in coordinating with vendors for services and supplies.
- Assist in developing long range maintenance schedules, including deep cleaning, equipment maintenance and replacement, and regular building upkeep (i.e., painting, floor replacement, etc.).
- Assist in overseeing normal church construction projects as necessary.
- Be an additional point person for fire protection and the overall security and safety of the facility, including maintenance of alarm equipment.
- Ensure the quality of the landscaping is kept at a high level and complies with city codes.
- Work with the Central Facilities Director to keep facilities in compliance with local and state codes.
- Assist in coordination with security company, police, and in-house security and parking teams to ensure the safety of the facilities and all the people at the Columbia Campus.
- Work with the Central Special Events Associate on building needs for Columbia Campus outside rentals.
- Ensure cleaning coverage on weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus Pastor, Central Facilities Director, Executive Pastor, and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- Able to follow directions and perform duties and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Available on an on-call basis in a crisis or emergency.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Some flexibility in hours and days worked.
Part-Time | Non-Exempt | Support Staff
Does Not Include Benefits
Rolling Hills Community ChurchColumbia, TN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.