Great opportunity for a Finance and Accounting Manager at a fast growing, cutting edge, medical technology company. Our client is headquartered in Plymouth, MN, with a division in Canada. Significant growth opportunity!
The Finance Manager is responsible for all areas relating the Finance and Accounting Operations. This position reports to the Controller. This position is key for shaping and managing accounting and financial reporting processes and continuous improvement. The Finance Manager will have 2 direct reports. Key areas of responsibilities include managing external reporting/technical accounting, FP&A and overseeing the Accounting Shared Services organization.
PRIMARY ORGANIZATION RESPONSIBILITIES
External reporting and Technical Accounting
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial closing processes to ensure timely completion of the consolidated financial reports utilizing Great Plains ERP system including a review of the accounting teams work.
- Review and approve journal entries as appropriate.
- Create/enhance/develop process and procedures and internal controls to verify accuracy and completeness of the financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial and analytical reports and miscellaneous other management reports.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the financial statement review (plan, actual results, and outlook) to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Oversight of the annual operating planning process (AOP), including project management, business partner engagement, detailed planning and reporting.
- Management of the quarterly forecasting process.
- Internal management reporting.
- Provide operational analysis (cost, controls, etc.) to facilitate accurate decisions and strategies.
Compliance and Reporting activities
- Oversight of the state registration compliance process working with the outside consulting agency.
- Management of the tax process and reporting, including state franchise taxes, US Sales and Use tax, GST/PST filings as well as the audit requirements of each area.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests.
- Manage and lead the payables, receivables and accounting functions for a a high volume of customer and vendor transactions.
- Provide oversight and review regular payroll cycles.
- Overall responsibility for daily cash management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience (including time in Public Accounting).
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2 years) managing a direct staff of accounting professionals.
- An intelligent professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills who can relate to all people at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and BI systems, Microsoft Office software.