Significant Growth Opportunities!
For High Potential Candidates
Great opportunity with a high growth company! Our client is a multi-billion-dollar corporation with corporate headquarters in Rapid City, SD.
The Director, Fixed Asset and Property Department leader is responsible for maintaining accurate fixed asset books and records and providing timely and accurate data required for accounting, analysis, and reporting of Company’s fixed assets. This position is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s fixed asset functions including compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), regulatory requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley. This position will play a key strategic role in the Company’s operational and regulatory initiatives.
- Develop a strategic vision and provide leadership to the Fixed Asset Accounting Department comprised of 9 people.
- Lead department on producing accurate and timely accounting records for all fixed asset additions, transfers and retirements and depreciation and amortization including journal entries, documentation, account and subsystem reconciliations, roll forward schedules (where applicable) and reports.
- Maintain strong understanding of capitalization rules, regulations and industry best practices and provide leadership and educational support to the organization to ensure costs are capitalized in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Partner with Financial Management to provide accurate and timely fixed asset information, detailed variance analysis and data investigation and issue resolution.
- Partner with Operations to proactively educate, respond to questions and assist with issue resolution.
- Partner with Regulatory in support of regulatory filings including drafting testimony, responding to data requests, providing recommendations on cost recovery and testifying (when necessary). Maintain solid understanding of state specific requirements related to fixed asset tracking to ensure accuracy of reporting in support of asset recovery through riders and/or rate reviews.
- Partner with Tax to provide accurate and timely data for tax accruals, audits and filings.
- Partner with Internal Audit to review and resolve audit findings in a proactive approach.
- Review and maintain compliance with Cost Allocation Manual as it relates to fixed assets.
- Identify areas in current processes and procedures for improvement, provide recommendations for change to management and implement improvements by leveraging industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain a knowledgeable, effective and motivated property accounting team.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- CPA, MPA, CMA or MBA a plus
- Ten (10) plus years of accounting, financial and business experience required.
- Solid understanding of and experience in fixed asset accounting.
- Electric and/or natural gas utility property accounting experience preferred.
- Leadership experience required.
- Experience with PowerPlan or a similar software system required.