- Posted: over a month ago
The Network Administrator reports to the Director of Operations and is an essential member of the Technology Support Team. This individual is responsible for providing high-level technical support for the School's technology infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs and maintains local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as operating systems, software applications, personal computers, printers, servers, hubs, routers, switches, modems, cabling and internet services; specifically Cisco and Meraki network hardware, routers, switches and wireless access points.
- Install, deploy, configure, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot server and workstation software applications including: Apple MacBook and iPad Apps, Websites, Calendars, Google Apps and Gmail, Proxy Internet Security, Network Security Camera System, Virtual, VPN and Remote Access, Wireless management, SSL, Blackbaud Suites of software
- Extensive experience managing Wireless Access systems to include: Cisco WAP's and Cisco Meraki
- Manage Active Directory, user accounts, profiles, email accounts, file and directory access
- Perform and Manages Windows server administration functions and tasks including:
DNS, DHCP, WINS, ISA, IIS, Printing, Group Policy, Enterprise Domains, Directory
Security, Shares/Permissions, User migrations and remote access
- Manage, install, configure, maintain and support system-wide wireless server software, signal and coverage analysis, Access point devices and wireless clients (BYOD systems)
- Provides additional level support for faculty, staff, students and administrators for remote and mobile users through Virtual, VPN and remote desktop
- Installs, tests and upgrades software on servers used for email, web applications, file storage, printing, authentication, security, remote connectivity, and administrative applications.
- Recommends policies and procedures to the Director of Operations and outsourced vendor partner related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security and backup.
- Creates desktop and laptop computer images and cloning in order to maintain an efficient method for desktop and laptop installation.
- Works closely with the RPCS Helpdesk team on repairs to faculty and student laptops.
- Performs repairs on desktops, laptops and peripherals as necessary according to manufacturer's guideline.
- Resolves requests for services from network users regarding their access to network resources and the operation of various software programs.
- Recommends and communicates standards for use of technology resources to the Director of Operations regarding network operations, data, personal computers, laptops and security.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies to the Director of Operations and Technology Steering Committee that is of benefit to the RPCS community.
- Recommends network backup and disaster recovery procedures to the Director of Operations. Ensures that backup and disaster recovery procedures are performed according to the schedule provided.
- Collects, analyzes and monitors network utilization statistics for use in establishing optimal settings for network performance.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose and repair common network problems.
- Maintains primary relationship with vendors for Line of Business and Mission Critical Applications for Faculty and Staff
- Maintains an inventory of all network hardware, software licenses and peripherals to include domains and SSO certificates.
- Works with Helpdesk Staff to maintain detailed inventory list of all RPCS-owned on-site devices (hardware) for staff and students
- Ensures that the network is virus free by managing, configuring and supporting firewalls and other network security systems.
- Co-manages the technology department budget with the Director of Operations
- Maintains a schedule of contracts in place and updates a projection for major purchasing needs.
- Participates on Technology Steering Committee
- Collaborate with All departments within RPCS on projects and systems to provide technical oversight
- Provides technical support after normal business hours as needed to ensure the RPCS networks are operating 24/7.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Minimum requirements for the position include a Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field with three (3) years experience in a complex network system environment or an Associates degree plus five (5) years experience in a complex network system environment. At least one year experience managing a team of 2 or more as well as departmental budgeting.
Extensive knowledge of Ethernet wired and wireless LAN's, Windows networks, TCP/IP, hubs, switches, routers is necessary. MCSE, Google IT Support and Data Analytics certification is highly desirable. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to relay technical information to the layperson.
PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
May be required to lift and move materials and equipment weight up to 50 pounds or more.
Roland Park Country School, a college preparatory school for girls, is dedicated to the intellectual and moral development of its students. We cultivate creativity, independence of thought, tenacity of purpose, self-discipline, and emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. We maintain high academic standards, uphold tradition, and promote innovation. We nurture a cooperative, resilient spirit within an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. In a diverse, inclusive, and joyful community, Roland Park Country School strives to instill in its students a lifelong love of learning, as well as the responsibility to look within and beyond themselves to contribute to and serve as stewards and leaders of their communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
RPCS is an equal opportunity employer. The School is committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action. RPCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, a medical condition resulting from pregnancy or childbirth, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law ("Protected Categories").
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a resume, with cover letter to Shahad Alkubaisi, Human Resources Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and assignments may change at any time with or without notice.
Roland Park Country School
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?