Linux System Administrator - Remote
Roka Security Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
US DOD SECRET Security Clearance Required
US Citizenship Required
Love Linux and Security... This job was written for you!
Before you read the whole requirement ask yourself these questions:
- Do you love Linux and Security?
- Want an awesome office culture and environment to work in?
- Want to be challenged in your work?
- Can you work in a team and on your own?
- Are you awesome to work with?
- Does not solving the problem bug you, keep you up at night even?
If you answered yes to these questions, read on. If your just looking for a boring punch the clock job, you will NOT like this position.
Roka Security is looking for a qualified candidate with Linux system administration experience who likes working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate for this position is a Linux system administrator who wants to learn more about security and networking.
This position will be responsible for IT administration for servers and systems all over the world. While this position is NOT A HELP DESK POSITION, customer interaction on a call and ticket basis should be expected. In essence, you will keep the systems running and sometimes that means the customer calls you or you call the customer.
We work on incredible projects including highly secure complex networks, system and network performance tuning, physical server deployments at data centers around the world, disaster recovery, working with teams to design highly scalable architectures.
If your looking for exciting, fast paced, push forward work, you will love Roka Security. If you need to be the smartest person in the room, this job is probably not for you. Every stellar employee that comes to work for Roka has told us the first 3 months is the best, most challenging, and most exciting learning phase of any job they have had. We hire stellar, smart and dedicated people who challenge and want to be challenged. If that sounds like you... apply!
Roka Security is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Specific Technical Expertise and Knowledge Roka Security is looking for:
- 3 or more years experience with Linux administration
- Experience with setup and operation of Linux services: e.g. OpenVPN, DNS, LDAP, e-mail, file services, web services
- Experience reading, writing, or modifying scripts: e.g. Shell, Perl, Python scripts
- Configuration management experience: e.g. SaltStack, Ansible
- Position is located in our office in Herndon, Virginia.
- Due to work with various local, state, and federal agencies US Government Security Clearance is required.
- Ability to make critical decisions affecting system security posture
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task and communicate effectively with little supervision
- Highly trustworthy persons with the ability to safeguard company/customer proprietary and intellectual property information
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical and Dental
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Relaxed, professional environment
- 401k with company matching and vested on 1st day
TechnologyView all jobs at Roka Security