Dental Assistant, EFDA On Call
- Posted: over a month ago
This On-Call Dental Assistant position is unique in its flexible scheduling needs and perfect for the right person who would like to pick up extra hours with a great organization.
The Rogue Community Health (RCH) School-Based Dental Health Outreach Prevention Program provides dental screenings, fluoride varnish, sealants, dental education and outreach for students in the D-9, D-91, and D-59 school district. This is an opportunity for RCH dental staff to visit schools and provide care to students on school grounds.
Our busy months for school dental clinics are September through December, however the program provides services to all school districts listed above from September to June. An on-call Dental Assistant could be requested to work four days a week, and six hours per day, based on their availability, during this period.
RCH would also welcome on-call support for our Dental Clinic located at 906 Royal Court in Medford, as available.
Enjoy stable hours, competitive pay, and a $320.00 signing bonus after six months of continued employment. Bonus amount is prorated based on FTE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As described with the dental outreach program in a school setting
- Assist in setting up and breaking down mobile units
- Assist in the placement of oral assessments, dental sealants, fluoride, dental education
- If EFDA, be available to place sealants and fluoride application
- Review medical history
- Assist in data entry and paperwork
- Assist in retrieving children to and from class
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As described for Royal Court Dental
- Take, process and mount x-rays
- Review medical history, progress from previous visit, and scheduled treatment with patients
- Visual inspection of oral cavity including charting of oral lesions, existing restorations and missing teeth
- Assist dentist by passing instruments, aspirating intra-oral fluids, mixing materials and medicaments
- Record treatment rendered in the patient’s chart and charge out all procedures
- Perform sterilization duties for operatories and instruments
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of accredited assisting course and /or expanded function coursework.
Experience: Six months in a dental office.
Position will start August of 2022.
Required to complete a criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screen once a conditional offer is accepted.
Oregon is an employment at will state and Rogue Community Health (RCH) has a 90-day probationary period for all newly hired team members.
Rogue Community Health (RCH) is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
**No phone calls please** Due to the number of applications received, we are not able to reply to every applicant.
Rogue Community Health follows all CDC and OSHA guidelines related to COVID-19. Onsite work requires COVID-19 vaccination or an approved Medical / Religious Exception.
Rogue Community Health
AddressWhite City, OR
HealthcareView all jobs at Rogue Community Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?