Rogers Manufacturing Co. Inc Nashville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
A private Nashville-based manufacturer servicing the trucking industry is seeking an experienced Accountant. The most successful candidate will have a natural passion for problem solving and a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial transactions within an organization. This position requires a high degree of autonomy, yet also needs to be an excellent team player. The candidate will play an enormously important supportive role in a tight knit finance team. It also requires a broad range of experience in other areas such as Human Resources, AR/AP, Payroll, Insurance, benefits, etc.
- 5 or more years working in accounting for a manufacturing company
- Strong familiarity with Excel work with models, pivot table, vlookup, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to identify and drive procedural change
- Strong problem-solving ability and the capacity to multi-task
- Experience working with MS Office products such as MS Word & Outlook
- Ability to work independently and maintain corporate priorities as well as in a team environment
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience using Quickbooks Premier or Enterprise.
- Experience with handling Employee Benefits (Insurance, W/C, Unemployment, OSHA Reporting, etc.)
- Experience with LIFO Inventories.
Some of Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for most general bookkeeping tasks
- Timely processing of accounts payable and working with vendors on any billing discrepancies
- Assist with periodic inventories
- Process weekly expense reimbursements for employees
- Process weekly payroll
- Assist with general HR functions
- Meet with employees to go over benefits
- Prepare correspondence as needed within and across departments
- Assist with creating new internal accounting policies and maintain/update existing policies
- Help with gathering information for audits and tax preparation
- Prepare daily deposits
- Prepare authorized refund vouchers and credit memos
- Receive customer calls regarding invoicing and/or account status
- Create custom reports as required by management
- Class expenditures to the appropriate expense accounts
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
- Handle special projects as needed
Rogers Manufacturing Co. Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rogers Manufacturing Co. Inc