Who We Are and What We Are All About:
Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more -- but it's our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and Asia.
The Sr. Quality Engineer will have responsibility for the technical and leadership support and continuous improvement of test and inspection equipment and processes and in participating/leading actions and projects for proactive and responsive correction/improvement of products and processes. Actively support/ lead the development, implementation and verification of product and processes related to internal and external quality requirements. Work in conjunction with Process Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations to drive continuous improvement and ensure quality objectives are met. Ensure product/process conformity to internal, customer and third party regulatory requirements. Actively work as part of a highly integrated product line team.
* Participate in the improvement of the inspection, test and manufacturing process for existing products
* Conduct studies to stabilize, validate or improve product and process capabilities.
* Perform capability studies to identify problems, provide solutions and/or recommendations for improvement, and implementing corrective/preventive actions.
* Implement methods to automate data collection and review of KPI metrics
* Implement/ support simplified Work Instructions to facilitate Training and Quality/Workmanship
* Interact with manufacturing, suppliers and customers to drive improvement activities and ensure product and processes meet or exceed customer expectations
* Analyze defective product and/or processes to determine root cause of defect and provide input on corrective/preventive actions to prevent future failures; Implement solutions to improve yield
* Lead quality and customer complaint root cause investigations utilizing 8D methodology for resolution of quality issues and eliminating problems from re-occurrence
* Support Development Engineering for qualification of new product, processes and/or equipment through collection and data analysis
* Lead/perform internal and external audits on product/processes to ensure compliance to international and internal specifications
* Review and approve work instructions, inspection documents, change notifications, customer specifications, quality alerts etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent & 5 years' experience
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, etc.)
* Working knowledge of TQ tools such as Brainstorming, Flowcharting, Ishikawa Diagram Analysis and Affinity Diagrams
* Able to identify process shortcomings through data analysis and provide recommendations for improvement
* Familiarity with ISO-9001 & TS-16949 or similar Quality systems
* Self-starter with an eye for improvement opportunities and the ability to develop innovative solutions
* Customer Focus
* Decision Quality
* Integrity and Trust
* Ethics and Values
* Priority Setting
* Problem Solving
* Drive for Results
* Technical Learning
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Master's degree
* 7 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
* Six Sigma training and experience
* Knowledgeable in FMEA and Control Plan generation.
* Certified Quality Engineer
* Demonstrated knowledge of SPC, DOE, ANOVA, F&T-test analysis, capability studies and GR&R, working knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab, Infinity, JMP or equivalent systems
* Training background
* Quality system auditing in ISO, TS, QS and/or Malcolm Baldrige
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top- notch benefit package, it is no wonder a large majority of our employees have been with us longer than 10 years. Come join a winning team!
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer:
* Comprehensive health plans that include medical, dental, vision, and access to complementary and alternative medicine coverage
* Wellness program, including fitness membership reimbursements
* 401(k) with company match
* Participation in discretionary bonus plan
* Employee stock ownership plan
* Generous vacation plan
* Life Insurance
* Strong work/family and employee assistance programs
* Tuition reimbursement program
* Employee discount program
* Excellent training and development opportunities
* Rogers Employees Federal Credit Union
About Rogers Corporation
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable clean energy, internet connectivity, and safety and protection applications, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Connecticut (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.rogerscorp.com.
Organization: **Elastomeric Material Solutions*
Title: Sr Quality Engineer
Location: IL-Carol Stream
Requisition ID: 190000KC