Maintenance Technician- 2nd/3rd shift
Rogers Corporation Carol Stream, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Rogers Corporation is seeking a Maintenance Technician responsible for general maintenance assignments, and performing day-to-day equipment and facility repairs. The Technician will perform preventative and corrective maintenance on facilities equipment, and follow-up with all necessary paperwork. This position may also include work on offline projects, such as rebuilding pumps, motors, and other shop repairs. Duties may also include some handling with hazardous materials, waste, water treatment and inspections.
Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Follow specified safety protocol when performing all routine and non-routine maintenance procedures.
- Perform preventative, corrective and routine maintenance on facilities equipment to ensure proper functionality.
- Maintain accuracy and quality, in accordance with performance standards.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures, identify appropriate solutions, and repair equipment as needed.
- Reference equipment blueprints, diagrams, or other resource materials to ensure proper inspection, repair, and use of equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of work in progress and completed tasks.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Respond to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
- Able to work flexible hours.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- At least 2 years’ prior general maintenance or related experience; or 1 year of maintenance or related experience and 1 year of related post-secondary education
- Ability to demonstrate a reasonable working knowledge in at least three related trades
- Adept at document control and computer literate
- Experience with computer applications such as PeopleSoft, ETQ – process and training documents, and Infinity – data analysis tool, and familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Certified to operate a forklift or ability to become certified
- Must be respirator certified, or able to become certified
- Must successfully complete Hazardous Waste (RCRA) Intermediate level training, which includes introductory and recurring training, and abide by state and federal regulations regarding handling and management of hazardous waste
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at: www.rogerscorp.com/careers to apply!
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ prior general maintenance or related experience
Rogers CorporationWhy Work Here?
Work in a rewarding work environment with great benefits!
Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more -- but it’s our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and Asia.
171 W. St. Charles Rd. Carol Stream IL 60188Carol Stream, IL