- Posted: over a month ago
As a leading supplier of methacrylate chemicals worldwide we are active in various markets and supply our products for a wide range of applications. At Röhm our strength is our employees. With their ideas and passion, they actively contribute to our success story. Become part of our team and make your career goals come true. Röhm offers a creative and international work environment plus on-the-job training - for career changers and professionals. With us, you can expect development opportunities for your future.
Roehm America LLC is currently seeking to fill Process Operator positions supporting our Methacrylate and Methacrylic Acid units. We are an employee-oriented, safety conscious company where respect, responsibility and recognition are part of the standard job benefits. If you are a proactive, dependable, motivated individual and meet the minimum requirements below, you may qualify for this position. The successful candidate should be able to promote a safe environmental through a proactive approach to Operations, ensuring environmental compliance, operating reliably, and producing the highest quality product. The Process Operator will work with maintenance and all other departments to ensure safety, environmental, production and cost goals are met. Employees in this position receive work direction from the Shift Supervisor and work with other operators in performing routine plant operating duties, including, but not limited to the following orders:
- Safely operate pumps, compressors, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within safe operating ranges
- Make changes to the operating process necessary to maintain product quality
- Monitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions. Read flow meters and temperature and pressure gauges. Take routine readings on process variables.
- Operate control room instrumentation systems
- Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing
- Perform lab testing on some process streams
- Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
- Start-up/shut-down process equipment
- Prepare equipment for maintenance
- Participate on Emergency Response Team (fire-fighting).
- Required to work 12 hour rotating shift work schedule (including nights, weekends, holidays). Operating needs of the unit dictate work schedule. Will be required to work overtime; standby coverage assigned on some off days.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Roehm America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Roehm