Lab Technician #1644
- Posted: over a month ago
WHAT WE OFFER:
As a leading supplier of methacrylate chemicals worldwide we are active in various markets and supply our products for a wide range of applications. At Röhm our strength is our employees. With their creativity and passion, they actively contribute to our success story. We promote an inclusive and open culture and advocate diversity in our teams. With Röhm, you will experience continuous learning in an international environment. Become part of our team and make your career goals come true.
The Lab Technician supports the global strategy of the Molding Compounds Medical market segment and the regional strategy of the Molding Compounds Region Americas (RAM) market for continued growth and success. This position is involved in daily material testing and evaluation to support existing products and new product development. This person will work in a state-of-the-art R&D lab to generate material testing data with high quality and reliability and will interact frequently with lab managers, Scientists, and Engineers to drive project success as a team.
- Perform routine physical testing on thermoplastics in the lab to support innovation projects, product evaluation and other internal and external customer requests (e.g. Tensile, flexural, IZOD, melt flow, thermal)
- Keep documentation up to date (SOPs, lab notebook, work request system)
- Troubleshooting any issues w/ instruments, equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory science (i.e. biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Experience working under Safety rules in a Laboratory (academic or industry)
- Experience with Polymer Testing esp. acrylics (i.e. tensile, thermal, melt flow, IZOD, UV/VIS)
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn Instrument Specific software
- Detail orientated
- Quality and safety mindset
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in an environment with diverse cultures
- Good attendance record is required
Roehm America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Roehm is blind to the things that are irrelevant to performance, such as gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, disability and any other protected status. At Roehm, we believe in inclusion and encouraging everyone to have a voice. We value our people for what truly matters: experience, expertise, competencies and ability to get things done in alignment with our company values.
If you’re a disabled applicant and need an accommodation to apply or to perform the job you’re applying to, let us know – we strive to support reasonable accommodations.
Please note that Röhm will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Röhm works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Röhm receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressPort Washington, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Roehm