Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Rodasi LLC Hoffman Estates, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Core Job Duties:
· Providing excellent and psychiatric care guided by a Medical Director. This includes but not limited to knowledge of mental health conditions, substance use disorders, assessment for medication complications, detoxification protocols and prescribing medications in general. Determine a differential diagnosis and plan for intervention
· Demonstrating proficiency using an electronic medical record system with all required documentation
· Understands and ensures compliance with all relevant policies and procedures, State and Federal rules and regulations, Joint Commission standards and patient’s medical needs
· Performing thorough psychiatric/substance use disorders evaluations
· Performing thorough History and Physical on admission
· Completing Daily Progress Notes and Discharge Summaries in a timely fashion
· Placing all necessary orders
· Working with treatment team and hospital administration regarding peer to peer evaluations
· Working closely with treatment team regarding management of patients during the stay
· Understanding and following ASAM and Medical Necessity criteria
· Working closely with the Medical Director regarding clinical care, ensuing all relevant protocols are followed, develop
cost-effective methods to provide medically necessary therapeutic services.
· Ensuring that high standards of care are met
· Working in collaboration with other Providers at the facility
· Ensuring turning in time sheets within designated time frame
· PMHNP must have good listening skills, and a compassion to help.
· PMHNP must know when to listen and when to prescribe.
· Believe in Quality over quantity with patient visits.
· No Call or weekends!
· Performing other tasks and duties as assigned
· Licensed APRN with Master’s Degree or higher to practice medicine; Psychiatric APRN (Psych NP) preferred
· Must be in good standing with the State of Illinois
· Must be able to interact compassionately with a diverse population
· Must have a DEA to prescribe Controlled medications
· Familiarity with JCAHO and other relevant healthcare standards is necessary
· Excellent communication skills to relate to all levels of facility staff
· Driven, confident, and self-motivated
· Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of Addiction Medicine
· Adheres to the AMA/ AOA Healthcare code of ethics
· Knowledge of HIPAA
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time/Contract
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance