Rocky Vista University Health Center in Parker, CO has an immediate opening for a
Billing Specialist / Medical Receptionist.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume and requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible to consistently follow up on unpaid claims, reviewing claims prior to submission to submission to insurance companies, working with patients on account balances. Ensures efficient health center operations by performing a variety of medical office responsibilities. Receive incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure all claims are submitted with a goal of zero errors.
2. Verifies completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submission.
3. Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
4. Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
5. Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers timely.
6. Make necessary arrangements for medical records request, completion of additional information as requested by insurance companies.
7. Review patient claims and accounts and submit any necessary adjustment forms.
8. Review self-pay claims and adjust off any necessary balance after the 10% discount is given as soon as charges are posted and payment is applied.
9. Review claims aging monthly.
10. Review and work task box daily.
11. Review day end tasks to ensure all claims are billed out by month end.
12. Communicate any claims/billing issues or trends to management immediately.
13. Block and create scheduling templates for Physicians as directed by Medical director and manager.
14. Create new users and specify appropriate access as directed by manager.
15. Ability to multi-task.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Greeting patients at the front desk, checking patients in, collecting insurance information, scanning patients' forms and documents into the EMR, and inputting patient information into EMR.
2. Answering incoming phone calls.
3. Collecting payments from the patients and documenting the payments into the EMR.
4. Serving and protecting the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
5. Performing job responsibilities as part of the team, interact well with other members of the team.
6. Performing other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. CPC certification
2. Complete knowledge of medical terminology and outpatient insurance billing terms.
3. Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding.
4. STRONG knowledge of billing and coding.
5. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
6. Outstanding organizational, verbal, listening, and written communications skills.
7. Analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to enter in data accurately with attention to detail.
9. Strong computer skills and ability to learn a state of the art electronic medical records program.
10. Ability to work with confidential medical records and maintain HIPAA policies and procedures.
11. Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
12. Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
13. Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
14. Willingness and ability to learn new skills as needed in the medical office environment.
15. Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
16. Annual continuing medical education courses to ensure compliance and update to date knowledge on billing and coding.
1. High School diploma
2. Administrative assistant or equivalent coursework or at least 3 years of relevant experience
3. Two years' experience in front medical office work
4. Two years' experience in billing and coding in a medical office setting
1. Previous experience with primary care medical office (family medicine, pediatrics or internal medicine)
2. Previous experience with electronic medical records
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Job Locations US-CO-Parker
Type Regular Full-Time