Summer Coordinator - Taos
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN YOUTH CORPSUpper Rio Grande Summer Coordinator
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC), located in New Mexico, is a nonprofit youth development organization serving New Mexico’s youth and young adults. We are a stepping stone to new opportunities and we inspire Corps members to make a positive difference in themselves and their communities. Through training and service, Corpsmembers discover the potential for leading healthy, productive lives.
Position Type: Seasonal, full time, exempt. Schedules will vary based on crews assigned. Typical schedule is 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, with additional time as required by program responsibilities.
Salary: $1,368 biweekly
Benefits: All benefits as provided for in RMYC staff manual
Reports to: URG Conservation Program Manager
Dates: May 17th, 2021 to August 13th, 2021 (Exact dates may change due to COVID-19, project partner needs, funding availability, or other situations that may arise)
Location: Based out of Taos, NM with travel around the Upper Rio Grande Region
POSITION PURPOSE: The role of the Upper Rio Grande Summer Coordinator is to ensure proper functioning of summer crew logistics in accordance with RMYC guidelines and the philosophy of Positive Youth Development (PYD). The coordinator will oversee multiple projects and crews, support the personal and professional development of crew members, and promote a culture of safety at all times, all while supporting Crew Supervisors in meeting expectations of project quality and efficiency.
- Program Coordination
- Care for and coordinate projects and partnerships for summer season crews
- Communicate with project partners to ensure timely completion of project activities and outcomes
- Regularly communicate project timelines to Crew Leaders, Crews, and Program Manager
- Work closely with Program Manager in tracking and management of vehicles, tools, supplies, and equipment
- Provide general oversight for program operations
- Provide general risk management oversight and communicate risk management issues with Crew Leaders and Program Manager
- Personnel Management and Training
- Directly supervise, coach, and guide crew Leaders, ensuring PYD, professional and efficient crew operations, and the fulfillment of RMYC mission
- College/vocational/ technical degree in education, natural resources, youth development or a related field
- Three or more seasons of experience in a youth conservation corps or similar field
- Two or more years (or seasonal equivalent) of supervisory experience
- Travel Requirements:
- Periodic overnight travel and non-traditional work hours, inclusive of weekend and evening hours
- Physical Activities and Requirements
- To successfully perform essential functions, the URG Summer Coordinator is required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. The URG Summer Coordinator may be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on an infrequent basis. He/she must be able to operate office equipment, telephone, and computer and reach with hands and arms. The URG Summer Coordinator may be required to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted. The ability to drive an organizational vehicle is also required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other Considerations
- Pre-employment background check will be required which may include the requirement that the applicant be fingerprinted for a FBI background check.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must have an insurable driving record
- RMYC staff are expected to participate in regular unpaid volunteer service activities, about 4 days per year.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference or disability.
RMYC is a drug free workplace. All positions dependent upon funding availability.
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
EducationView all jobs at Rocky Mountain Youth Corps