Pecos Day Crew Member
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ROCKY MOUNTAIN YOUTH CORPSPecos Crewmember (PECOS, NM)
Position Summary: This is an AmeriCorps position working on conservation projects throughout Pecos, New Mexico. This crew is based in Pecos, New Mexico.
Conservation Crews will work to safely complete trail maintenance, fencing, and invasive species removal projects. Additional projects may include historic preservation, disaster relief, watershed restoration or other community improvement work. All Corpsmembers will receive both personal and professional development training such as First Aid/CPR, Mental Health First Aid, financial management, and public speaking skills.
POSITION TYPE: Seasonal, full time, exempt
SCHEDULE: Day crew - 40 hours of project work per week; Travel to/from work site daily; projects vary by location
SALARY: Living stipend paid biweekly, $840.00 per pay period
EDUCATION AWARD: This position is eligible for a $1,311.00 education award upon successful completion of the term of service
REPORTS TO: Assistant Crew Leader and Crew Leader
DATES: June 14th to August 6, 2021.
LOCATION: Pecos, New Mexico
Location: This position is supervised out of the Middle Rio Grande RMYC Office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our office is located at 7851 2nd St. SW. Participants must have reliable transportation according to their work schedule for the duration of the season.
**Participants will attend occasional service/training days outside of this schedule, including weekends.**
This is a 300 hour AmeriCorps term of service, and members will receive a biweekly living stipend of $840.00 (before taxes), throughout the season, as well as a 1,311.00 education award upon successful completion of the term of service. This award can be used to pay tuition at most colleges, universities, or trade schools, or to pay off student loans already acquired. Corpsmembers are eligible for health insurance
- June 14, 2021 – August 6, 2021
- Full 8-week commitment (no vacations)
- Some community service days on weekends
- Work hard on all projects as part of a team.
- Actively participate in daily check-ins and educational training sessions.
- Maintain a safe work environment to ensure both physical and mental well-being.
- Comply with work standards set forth by project partners and Crew Supervisor.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Be willing to reflect on your experience and share feedback in a group setting.
- Respect the natural environment and community resources.
- Manage and approve timecards
- Develop obtainable goals for your transition into further education or employment.
- Comply with all RMYC and AmeriCorps rules and policies and not participate in any prohibited activities as described in the member contract.
- 17 – 25 years old
- US Citizen
- Able to complete entire length of service term (June 14-August 6, 2021)
- Strong work ethic
- Eligible to serve a 300 hour AmeriCorps term of service
- Able to work in supervised environment
- In performing the essential functions of this position, crew members will need to:
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Frequently traverse uneven terrain, or sit in a vehicle/classroom.
- Read written materials, write, and communicate with others individually and in group settings.
- Work primarily in the outdoors and in all weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference or disability.
RMYC is a drug free workplace. All positions dependent upon funding availability.
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
FoodView all jobs at Rocky Mountain Youth Corps