American Sign Language Crew Member
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps Albuquerque, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
ROCKY MOUNTAIN YOUTH CORPS
Middle Rio Grande American Sign Language Crew Member
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC) is a nonprofit work, service, and training organization serving communities throughout New Mexico. Join a crew for the summer working on outdoor conservation projects supervised through the Middle Rio Grande Rocky Mountain Youth Corps office in Albuquerque. Join a unique crew composed of youth who communicate through American Sign Language. Work with other youth fluent in American Sign Language, and serve your community through conservation and service projects. This position requires Camping; applicants must be available for overnights up to 8 days throughout the duration of the season.
Crews will complete projects such as trail construction & maintenance, habitat restoration, historic preservation, watershed restoration, and other conservation projects. Crews will be in partnership with the New Mexico School for the Deaf. Participants must have reliable transportation to and from the location of their respective crews, according to their work schedule.
POSITION TYPE: Seasonal, full time, exempt
SCHEDULE: Hybrid Day/Spike Work (Spike means overnight camping at project site) Day Crew: Work hours will be Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30, 9 hours per day. With every other Monday off. Spike Crew: Spike is 7:00-5:30, 10 hours per day. Tuesday-Tuesday (8 days on, 6 days off)
SALARY: Living stipend paid biweekly, $840.00 per pay period
EDUCATION AWARD: This position is eligible for a $1,311.00 education award upon successful completion of the term of service
REPORTS TO: Assistant Crew Leader and Crew Leader
DATES: June 14th to August 6, 2021.
LOCATION: New Mexico School for the Deaf
Location: This position is supervised out of the Middle Rio Grande RMYC Office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Our office is located at 7851 2nd St. SW. Participants must have reliable transportation according to their work schedule for the duration of the season.
**Participants will attend occasional service/training days outside of this schedule, including weekends.**
This is a 300 hour AmeriCorps term of service, and members will receive a biweekly living stipend of $840.00 (before taxes), throughout the season, as well as a 1,311.00 education award upon successful completion of the term of service. This award can be used to pay tuition at most colleges, universities, or trade schools, or to pay off student loans already acquired. Corpsmembers are eligible for health insurance. Crew transportation is provided from RMYC headquarters to project sites, as needed.
- June 14, 2021 – August 6, 2021
- Full 8-week commitment (no vacations)
- Some community service days on weekends
- Work hard on all projects as part of a team and in all types of weather
- Participate in daily check-ins and educational training sessions
- Maintain safe work environment to ensure physical and mental well-being
- Comply with work quality standards set forth by project partners and Crew Supervisor
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude; Respect the natural environment and community resources
- Be willing to reflect on your experience and share feedback in a group setting
- Develop obtainable goals for your transition into further education or employment
- Comply with all RMYC and AmeriCorps rules and policies; do not participate in any prohibited activities as described in member contract
- Able to communicate in American Sign Language
- 17 – 25 years old
- US Citizen
- Able to complete entire length of service term (June 14-August 6, 2021)
- Strong work ethic
- Eligible to serve a 300 hour AmeriCorps term of service
- Able to work in supervised environment
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Regularly hike on uneven terrain while carrying tools, gear, or other equipment
- Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, listen
- Reach with hands and arms and lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Perform twisting and swinging motions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference or disability.
RMYC is a drug free workplace. All positions dependent upon funding availability.
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
FoodView all jobs at Rocky Mountain Youth Corps