DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
The Operating Room team at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (RMHC) at Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center is a highly trained group of professionals who specialize in pediatric surgery- only pediatric surgery in our state-of-the-art Operating and Recovery Room suites. Our team works exclusively with infants, children and adolescents and understands their unique needs.
Are you an experienced pediatric Operating Room RN? Are you looking to be part of a team who makes an impact on patients' lives? Cathy, a RMHC employee says: "It's so rewarding to work with a group that has great clinical skills and uses them to focus soley on pediatric care. We are here because we want to make a difference in children and parents' lives."
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Surgery RN oversees and directs the care of the surgical patient. The Surgery RN is responsible for the care of patient in all-surgical specialties. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
• We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
• We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
• We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
• We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Shift: On-call hours-Friday 3pm-Monday 7am
Guaranteed 32 hours paid
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse
- BLS – Healthcare provider.
- PALS preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- One-year experience in acute care OR required.
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Asses and provides care to patients during surgery.
- Able to perform under stress.comfortable to interview and interact with patients and family. proficient in assesment and critical thinking.