- Posted: December 28, 2022
- $17 to $20 Hourly
Reports to the Practice Manager. Promotes the smooth flow of patients through the check-in process. Processes, verifies, and updates chart information as well as collects insurance co-pay. Works with the physicians and staff of Rockville Internal Medicine Group to promote the deliverance of high quality medical care.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Pleasant, dependable, courteous speaking manner; must have good verbal and written command of the English language and of medical terminology
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a high volume and sometimes stressful environment in a professional manner
- Good basic typing and computer data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to adapt to and assess changing medical insurance issues
- Experience in a medical practice required
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Greets arriving patients in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner.
2. Assesses whether patients have special or immediate needs and sees that these needs are met.
3. Verifies insurance eligibility via patient's insurance card and other ID.
4. Verifies patient identity by checking photo ID.
5. Scans insurance card and photo ID.
6. Updates and/or verifies demographic, insurance, and work information.
7. Collects co-pay and indicates payment on log.
8. Reconciles co-pay information with collections at close of business.
9. Request referrals from patient who insurance requires for specialist visit.
10. Prints fee tickets and/or flow sheets for appointments.
11. Informs patients of any delays.
12. Communicates with the Clinical Supervisor / Office Coordinator any patient needs that may arise in the reception area related to a clinical nature.
13. Keeps desk, reception, and waiting area tidy and free from trash; redistributes waiting room reading materials; and disinfects surfaces daily.
14. Other job duties may be assigned based on patient volume and needs of the practice.
1. Works in a high-volume, multi-physician medical practice.
2. Work often requires the ability to process large volumes of necessary, time sensitive, and confidential paperwork.
3. Exposure to communicable illnesses that can be spread via airborne or surface contact routes is possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
*All New Hires are required to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Rockville Internal Medicine Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?