The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for design and implementation of advanced Si Photonics waveguide structures and advanced Si Photonic platform development. The role involves advancing the state-of-the-art platform in areas including filters, mode converters, polarization converters, phase and temperature tune-ability, and temperature insensitivity. The Sr. Design Engineer will work with other members of the R&D design team as well as layout, fabrication, and product development teams.
*This list is not all inclusive. Additional duties will be assigned as needed.
- Design of advanced passive technologies such as advanced MUXs/DEMUXs, RR and MZ interferometer tunable filters, tapers, fiber couplers and advanced PIC applications;
- Lead the research and development of advanced waveguide platform involving integration of new waveguide material systems and structures, alternative waveguide sizes, integration of spot-size converters, and development of novel passive structures and circuits for new applications;
- Design and implementation of thermal management solutions for RP Si Ph platform, design of components and technologies for thermal control, a-thermal solutions, etc.
- Support product development team with related passive design and product development projects;
- Work with process development team to implement R&D process development activities associated with above development, interface with process engineers and fab managers to ensure R&D batches are processed efficiently and effectively;
- Perform layout as needed to support R&D batch layout, support R&D customers designing in Rockley platform;
- Assist Photonics R&D team with managing the IP portfolio (creation of new patents and ensuring strong IP portfolio for the company is maintained);
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in Engineering or Physics, including 2+ years of experience in design of related silicon photonic devices /technologies;
- Experience with design of some or all the following in Silicon Photonics: filters, mode converters, polarization converters, phase and temperature tunability;
- Must be willing to do occasional travel:
“This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these US export laws without sponsorship for an export license.”