Assistant Store Manager
Rockler Companies, Inc. Spring, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role is the gatekeeper for Customer Service and Satisfaction for the Store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for the ensuring of maximum sales and profitability through sales, merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage in support of the Store Manager.
We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Store Manager to join our team in Spring, TX.
Come work for an industry leader! Rockler Companies, Inc. is a growing national retail, direct mail and publishing organization with retail stores across the U.S. We are one of the largest online resources for woodworkers, and we work tirelessly to bring the industry's most innovative products, thinking and education to our customers. Learn more about our company at www.rockler.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
- Train, develop and communicate with all staff; assist Store Manager to assess Associate performance on a regular basis.
- Implement and maintain customer service standards to ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and offering complete product knowledge. Special emphasis should be placed on the Total solution which means that any related products/ services the customer might need for the project should be shown.
- Assist Store Manager in assessing Store performance; monitor Store Metrics and assist Store Manager to develop and implement improvement activities.
- Assist in assigning daily goals and tasks. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures through regular store walk-through, audits, etc.
- Control expenses and shrink to optimize store profitability.
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation and signing standards.
- Ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Evaluate and react to performance issues with the support of the store manager.
- Train, develop and monitor store personnel to establish product knowledge and sales closing. Ensure all company training requirements are fully met.
- Drive local marketing events (classes, demos, etc.) and events attracting new customers to meet sales objectives.
- Promote woodworking activities, knowledge, and awareness within the community (i.e. involvement in guilds, clubs, schools, etc.) to increase store traffic and sales.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration or related field desirable.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience in a work setting desirable
- 1 to 3 years previous retail sales experience, preferably with a similar product line, required.
- MS Office skills, to include Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of woodworking supplies and hand/power woodworking tools a plus.
- Ability to motivate subordinates for top performance.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, personally lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and participate in team lifting.
Please apply directly at: https://rockler.applicantpro.com/jobs/1778862.html
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Rockler Companies, Inc.
RetailView all jobs at Rockler Companies, Inc.