Assistant Store Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Join our Charlotte, NC Rockler team! Look for your new job during our job fair which will be held on September 27th from 9 am to 4 pm and September 28th from 9 am to 3 pm. The job fair will be held at 5335 Ballantyne Commons Parkway Suite 300 in Charlotte, NC 28277
This role is the gatekeeper for Customer Service and Satisfaction for the Store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for the ensuring of maximum sales and profitability through sales, merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage in support of the Store Manager.
Our customers love us and so will you! Rockler is a family-owned business that helps woodworkers and do-it-yourselfers create amazing projects out of wood through innovative products, education and advice. Are you interested in woodworking or DIY projects? Do you enjoy helping others? If so, this may be the perfect job for you!
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Welcoming and engaging with customers as they enter the store.
- Assist Store Manager in assessing Store performance; monitor Store Metrics and assist Store Manager to develop and implement improvement activities.
- Control expenses and shrink to optimize store profitability.
- Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation and signing standards.
- Ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Drive local marketing events (classes, demos, etc.) and events attracting new customers to meet sales objectives.
- Promote woodworking activities, knowledge, and awareness within the community (i.e. involvement in guilds, clubs, schools, etc.) to increase store traffic and sales.
- Energetic, self-motivated, listening and communication skills, bilingual a plus!
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and safely participate in team lifting.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience in a work setting desirable
- 1 to 3 years previous retail sales experience, preferably with a similar product line, required.
- Ability to network and build relationships with customers.
- Problem-solving and resolution skills
- Flexibility to work retail schedule and overtime as needed (9:00a.m.- 7:00p.m M-Sat and 11:00a.m. -4: 00p.m , and designated holidays.
The Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- We offer competitive Health, Dental and Vision benefits for those eligible.
- Life insurance - Employer paid basic Life Insurance, with the option to add Voluntary Life Insurance if desired.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan along with company match!
- Fulltime are eligible for Paid Vacation, Sick and Float days
- The flexibility of working a Retail Schedule (weekends, evenings & holidays)
- Assistant Store Manager Incentive Plan
- Excellent Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- And much more!
Rockler Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Rockler Companies, Inc.
RetailView all jobs at Rockler Companies, Inc.