Behavioral Health Technician Residential Treatment Facility NPR
Rockland Treatment Center New Port Richey, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY TO POSITION
1. Ability to work with SU and MH clients.
2. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in the work environment.
3. Follows Infection Control guidelines at all times.
4. Completes and forwards copy of Incident Reports and any other staff/risk issues immediately to director.
5. Attend all Rockland Treatment Center staff meetings and attend all mandatory In-services.
6. Provide a safe, therapeutic environment for clients and staff.
- Oversee implementation of daily/weekly structure for residential clients as developed by Tech Supervisor. Maintain a positive working relationship with RTC staff and consumers alike.
8. Reports personal symptoms of suspected illness or contagious diseases to Nursing Director and Clinical Director.
9. Monitor and observe client behavior and provide appropriate documentation.
10. Observe and report and unusual incidents to Clinical Director.
11. End of shift reporting to appropriate staff via email.
12. Answer calls on company phone while on shift.
13. Report any medical emergencies, elopements or AMA incidents to director immediately.
14. Transport clients to outside activities, shopping, 12 step/mental health support groups, appointments, to and from airports and other facilities, using company van.
15. Orientate new clients to the facility and the residential facility. Completing all necessary intake documents ensuring all documents are signed by client and staff.
16. Search new admissions belongings to ensure no contraband is brought into facility, and all valuables and medications are secured.
17. Orient clients to residential rooms for new clients, ensuring cleanliness.
18. To request and report any supplies needed to Operations director.
19. Ensure that all rooms are kept clean and reinforce ADLs with clients.
20. Follow ethical guidelines in accordance with the State of Florida and TJC standards.
21. Keeping tech offices in a clean and neat order at all times.
22. Provide safety checks and one-on-one monitoring (as ordered) and reporting any risks to Tech Supervisor.
23. Provide “random” searches of rooms checking for contraband.
24. Ensure MH clients are abiding to rules by educating and re-directing clients.
25. Conduct appropriate client education groups.
26. Must have Level II Background and be familiar with 65-E, JCAHO and Medicaid requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.