Rockfish Valley Veterinary Clinic is seeking a motivated individual to fill a part-time veterinary assistant position within a growing small animal practice in Nellysford, Virginia. Must be able to work a rotating shift of some weekends and occasional holidays.
A desirable applicant should be a self-starter with a positive attitude, capable of working alone or with a team. Our veterinary assistants will also have reception and boarding facility duties and must have good communication skills.
Experience is preferred, but not required, as there will be on-site training in the areas of animal restraint, surgical/anesthetic monitoring, radiology and laboratory technique, and hospitalized patient monitoring.
Some responsibilities include:
· Greeting clients and checking in patients
· Working closely with the veterinarian and other assistants during patient care
· Walking, feeding, and medicating hospitalized/boarding animals
· Facility cleaning, waste pickup, and equipment maintenance
· Applicants must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
We are a close-knit team in a friendly community! If this sounds like a good fit, email us your resume – no phone calls, please.
Rockfish Valley Veterinary Clinic
Why Work Here?
We are a tight-knit group of nice people in a great community!