Supplier Quality Engineer II - Electronics
- Posted: over a month ago
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we're adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab's evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab's future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER II - Electronics
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, the Supplier Quality Engineer II - Electronics is responsible for ensuring the quality requirements for procured parts (EEE, PCBA, Wire Harness), services & processes are achieved. Working as a liaison between our internal customers and suppliers you are a critical conduit for translating technical requirements into easy and clear specifications that suppliers can achieve. Your exceptional communication and negotiation skills will encourage suppliers to strive for improvement, implement more robust quality processes and drive cost reduction, processes efficiency whilst enabling smooth management of the sometimes conflicting priorities between customers & suppliers. The role will also include creation of non-conformance reports, performing supplier audits, managing supplier concessions, and identifying opportunities for improvement to reduce risk, cost, or lead time to Rocket Lab.
What you'll get to do:
- Provide guidance and support on supplier quality requirements in Space Systems and Avionics departments through prototype and development of production plans for satellite systems, subsystems and components (EEE, PCBA, Wire Harnesses)
- Establishing fundamental Supplier Quality systems and processes to drive the business forward
- Generate metrics and tools to enhance visibility of supplier performance
- Continuous improvement of purchased product quality
- Performing on site and remote supplier audits
- Creation of internal and external quality control plans
- Creation of quality standards, processes, and procedures
- Creation of Non-Conformance reports and CAPA management
- Performing quality investigations
- Identifying processes failures at suppliers
- Drive to understand root causes and ensure implementation of corrective actions
- Deploying PFMEA tools, techniques & training to support targeted improvement actions
- Support suppliers with scaling up their production processes to achieve the future quality cost and delivery targets
- Follow-up & verify corrective action implementations and audit findings
- Strong focus on quality improvement at source and driving cost reduction opportunities
- Working with suppliers to introduce new products into production (NPI, APQP, PPAP)
- Liaise between suppliers, development, production, and senior management
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed at both Rocket Lab and supplier sites
You'll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering; or other engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with Avionics or EEE components
- Previous experience in a Supplier Quality role
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Experience working within a regulated industry Aerospace, Medical, Automotive etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of EEE parts requirements
- Exposure to regulatory standards such as AS9100, IS09001, ISO13485, IATF 16949
- Exposure to IPC J-STD, IPC A-610 or similar
- Experience developing KPI's for performance reporting
- Practical experience leading and investigating quality related issues
- Experience with Root cause Investigations, Practical Problem solving, 8D's, 5 Why's, Fishbone diagrams, Ishikawa and/or similar problem-solving tools
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric dimensions
- Experience leading and managing projects
- Experience successfully developing and introducing new products to production
- Experience with a wide range of specialized technical manufacturing processes
- Lean/six sigma experience
- NPI/APQP/PPAP experience
- Understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Gauge R&R
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Rocket Lab USA
AddressLong Beach, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rocket Lab USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?