Engineering Analyst II
- Over a month ago
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we're adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
PSC by Rocket Lab is a well-known supplier of aerospace mechanisms for the satellite industry since 1998. To date, PSC has over 100 successful product operations in orbit. For more information about PSC, see www.planetarysystemscorp.com.
PSC's products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables. PSC's ~18,000 sq ft. facility includes areas for office, lab, shipping/receiving and material storage space.
Engineering Analyst II
Planetary Systems Corporation by Rocket Lab (PSC), a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking a proactive engineering analyst with experience in structural and dynamic analysis. Candidates must be able to work independently in a small company environment. This position is not remote.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Perform normal modes analysis with classical hand calculations and FEA.
- Help develop internal vibration, shock and strength test requirements tailored around industry standards such as SMC-S-016 and NASA GEVS.
- Create test-correlated structural and dynamic models of aerospace mechanisms.
- Make technical recommendations based on engineering judgment and interpretation of analysis results.
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
- Review analysis work performed by design engineers.
- Develop and validate Finite Element Models for internal and external use.
- Analyze development hardware and mechanisms to reduce design and prototype iterations.
- Participate in anomaly and failure analysis of space vehicles, mechanisms, and payloads.
YOU'LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or similar degree.
- 2+ years of experience with detailed Finite Element Analysis (FEA) including creating, analyzing and troubleshooting models.
- Proficiency with Solidworks Simulation and Simcenter Femap software.
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming to tackle engineering problems.
- Familiarity with aerospace industry structural analysis standards.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- MS in relevant engineering degree
- Experience analyzing mechanisms
- Experience with fatigue analysis and fracture mechanics
- Experience with vibration and shock analysis techniques
- Experience modelling free-body dynamic events
- Experience using implicit and explicit non-linear solvers.
- Solidworks CAD proficiency
- Process automation experience using scripting tools such as VBA, MATLAB, Python
Additional Position Details:
Position Type: Full-time, in-person
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays, medical, life, and disability insurance, 401k plan with company match, flex-time work schedule, new parent leave, and more.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Rocket Lab USA
AddressSilver Spring, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Rocket Lab USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?