Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- Over a month ago
- $78,000 to $108,000 Yearly
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we're adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Located onsite at our Long Beach, CA headquarters the BI Analyst will be responsible for developing BI reports and their underlying datasets, to provide analytics to a wide range of functional teams at Rocket Lab. Contributing to the development of Business Intelligence standards and our technology platform is an important part of the Business Intelligence Analyst's responsibilities as is delivering information to measure output and identify bottlenecks. The Business Intelligence Analyst role requires the person to be proactive with an enquiring mindset who can work collaboratively across the Rocket Lab business.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Design and build intelligent solutions (Dynamic and static reporting)
- Create visualizations and reports using the BI toolset.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting.
- Data steward of ownership protocols ensuring accurate base data
- Analyze and suggest process improvement for ERP systems.
- Work with data engineers to mine data from a range of sources.
- Perform analyses to discover trends and identify weaknesses or improvements, and then present that data in meaningful ways.
- Maintain and develop data models to identify relationships between different groups of data.
- Reporting architecture experience including report delivery methods, report reusability, calendars and scheduling and ad-hoc reporting.
- Working with a range of people, mostly internal, to drive data analysis and process improvement activities forward in an organized and effective way.
- Applying process improvement techniques across the business to help deliver efficiency gains and increases in output.
- Contribute to the BI and EIS business plan.
- Perform operational tasks or roles as required.
- Ensure data is always secured and access is controlled.
YOU'LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong/excellent DAX + Power BI experience
- Engineering, Computer Science, Commerce Degree or equivalent
- Strong/excellent SQL Skills
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Be able to work with peers and lead initiatives where required.
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Systems thinking expertise.
- Finance, Manufacturing or Supply Chain knowledge and experience.
- Agile experience
- SSRS experience
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Rocket Lab USA
AddressLong Beach, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Rocket Lab USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?