Rockdale County, Georgia Conyers, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
An employee in this class is assigned to either the Human Resources Department or the Recreation and Maintenance Department/Senior Services Division. The position in Human Resources coordinates a Countywide wellness initiative to cultivate interest and encourage employees to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The position in Recreation and Maintenance/Senior Services plans and coordinates a wide variety of recreational and fitness activities to enhance the quality of life of Rockdale County’s senior citizens.
Essential Functions: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
When Assigned to the Recreation and Maintenance Department
- Plans, coordinates, promotes and facilitates wellness and fitness activities; leads exercise classes, walking program, bowling outings and shuffleboard; provides necessary materials and equipment; distributes marketing and promotional materials at senior center.
- Plans, coordinates, promotes and facilitates recreational activities; designs and teaches arts and crafts classes; recruits volunteers to teach arts and crafts classes; purchases and organizes necessary class materials; distributes marketing and promotional materials at Senior Center.
- Assists with special event planning including holiday parties, Golden Olympics, picnics, pageants and day trips; purchases supplies, assists with decorations and serving food and beverages.
- Prepares and submits monthly report and narrative on contract and elective activities; documents volunteer hours; records outcome measurements on wellness activities.
- Transports seniors to daily activities in multi passenger van; assists with meals on wheels.
- Employees in this classification may be expected to perform any related duties as required by proper authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, coordinate and conduct physical fitness and wellness programs.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of recreational activities and programs.
- Knowledge of arts and crafts programs (when assigned to the Recreation and Maintenance position).
- Knowledge of basic safety and first aid procedures.
- Knowledge of effective safety standards and precautions related to specific fitness/recreational programs.
- Skill in various recreational activities.
- Skill in operating modern office equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to organize and actively participate in various indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, other county employees, and clients.
Work is performed in an office environment, at the sites of recreational activities, or at wellness activity sites such as community/recreation centers.
- Associate’s degree in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, or a related field.
- Two (2) years experience in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating wellness/fitness programs.
- OR have a combination of education, training and work experience that is equivalent to #1 and #2 above that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Valid State of Georgia driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Physical Education, Recreation, or a related field.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Recreation and Maintenance position only - experience teaching arts and crafts, games, and sports, preferably to senior citizens.
Rockdale County, Georgia
EducationView all jobs at Rockdale County, Georgia