CNC Machinist (Set-Up)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rock West Composites, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist. Must have Set-up experience.
Rock West Composites, Inc. is an engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to providing innovative solutions for commercial and government customers. This position is located in our San Diego, CA 92154 location and reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
Produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Loads the program into the CNC machine, selects and sets up tools, loads stock, and runs the program.
- Plans machining by reading work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Special Assignments may include hands on composite, metal fabrication and assembly
- Daily interface with Manufacturing Managers and Program Manager to establish clear lines of communication and provide task status
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum of 5 years experience setting up and operating CNC machines; preferably with 4 and 5 axis machines.
- Experience with machine shop floor experience
- Mechanically able to assemble and disassemble parts and assemblies
- Experience with composite materials and processing techniques such as autoclave, RTM, and compression molding
- Excellent working knowledge of composites a huge PLUS
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives
- Experience with contact and non-contact inspection methods
- Organized, self-motivated, strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple duties, set priorities and follow tasks through completion
- Capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change
- Processing techniques such as wet lay-up, mold and fixture design, inspection methods, and infusion preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
Why should you want to work with us? Rock West Composites cares about our employees! Not only do we offer great benefits to our full-time employees (Medical & Dental 100% employer paid, Vision, Paid Time Off and 401K match), we offer a fun and friendly working environment!
Rock West Composites is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. Due to nature of defense contracts, US Citizenship is a requirement. As part of our Drug and Alcohol Policy, upon acceptance of any offer of employment, employment will be conditional of passing a required drug test.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 858-537-6260.
Rock West Composites
AddressSan Diego, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Rock West Composites