On Demand Driver - Full Time
- Posted: over a month ago
On-Demand Driver - Full Time - No CDL Required
Sign on Bonus of $1,000 for new On Demand Drivers plus full benefits.
Rock Region METRO (METRO) is the transit authority for the central Arkansas metropolitan area, and includes METRO Fixed-Route bus service, Links Paratransit service, the Little Rock and North Little Rock Streetcar service; plus, new innovative services such as the On Demand and Micro-transit service. As METRO grows, we are implementing new innovative and cost-effective services that better connect our passengers with other METRO services.
The On Demand Driver will be responsible to operate a sedan or Wheelchair Accessible Van (WAV) to pick up and discharge passengers at designated stops or as directed by METRO Dispatch. In the course of the On Demand Drivers daily activities, they will perform visual vehicle inspections and report any mechanical problems or defects. When driving a WAV, the Driver will be required to operate wheelchair ramps and secure passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices for stabilization during the trip. In addition, the On Demand Driver must demonstrate the ability to collect fares and transfers, issue transfers, and inspect passes for validity. Further, the Driver will be responsible to provide information to passengers regarding METRO's transit system, and operate 2-Way radios, Mobile Data Terminals (MDT's) or other electronic communication devices to communicate with Dispatch and management to report accidents, emergencies, schedule delays, equipment failure and/or unusual circumstances.
- Perform visual vehicle inspections and report any mechanical problems or defects
- Pick up and discharge passengers as directed.
- Collect fares and transfers, issue transfers, and inspect passes for validity.
- Operate 2-Way radios to communicate with Dispatch and management
- Complete written reports on accidents or other unusual incidents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform other customer service activities as necessary.
- Operate MDT's or electronic communication devices.
- Provide passengers with general information of routes and schedules..
Physical and Mental Requirements
This position requires the working of non-traditional hours, split-shifts on various days of the week, including weekends and holidays. Work is primarily performed in and around vehicles, and will require work out-of-doors particularly while assisting passengers with wheelchairs of other special needs. The successful On Demand Driver must regularly hear, sit, reach with hands and arms, and use leg/feet to reach or handle vehicle controls. Regularly exert physical effort, and routinely display manual dexterity. This person sill frequently talk, walk, and use hands to grasp or feel objects or controls. Further, they will regularly be required to stoop, bend, and twist at the waist, lift up to 50 pounds, push or pull, and climb stairs. Possess visual acuity including distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, and moderate noise. Have a high degree of memory and concentration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances, rules and driving courtesies involved in transit operations, principles and practices of good customer service, safe driving practices.
- Ability to:
- learn METRO's policies and procedures,
- read write and make basic math calculations,
- work varied hours to cover scheduled operations,
- exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills,
- understand and follow oral and written instructions spoken or written in English,
- operate vehicle safely and efficiently,
- provide on-time and dependable service to the public,
- learn about METRO's services,
- maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor when interacting with the public, passengers, and fellow employees through tactful, patient, and courteous interactions,
- keep accurate recorded logs of trip information when required.
.Benefits and Perks
- Hourly full-time rate starting at $15.00 / hour
- No requirement for Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- No DOT physical required
- No requirement for Passenger (P) Endorsement
- Sponsored Benefits provided including medical, dental, disability, and 457(b) retirement plan.
Minimum Qualifications: 2 years of driving experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Three years of experience as a driver
- One year working with the general public
- Must have a good driving record as defined by METRO
- Must possess at minimum a valid Class D Driver's License issued by the Arkansas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment background investigations and a drug screen
METRO has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position as described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional function and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment and METRO reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as METRO may deem appropriate.
Rock Region METRO is an equal opportunity employer, and is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will administer its personnel policies and conduct its employment practices in a manner that results in treatment based upon merit, experience and other work related criteria, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Starting Pay at $15.00 / Hour
Powered by JazzHR
Rock Region METRO
AddressNorth Little Rock, AR
TravelView all jobs at Rock Region METRO