- Posted: over a month ago
Pay: $24.15 hr Depending on Experience
Evening/Night Shift: 4:00pm to 12:30am and weekends.
Full package of benefits including health, vision, dental, retirement, paid vacation and sick leave.
This position is responsible for preventative maintenance, maintenance repairs, and inspections on METRO buses and vehicles. This includes conducting detailed inspections as well as removing, repairing, and replacing parts and components as necessary, while using tools and equipment in a safe and professional manner. Also maintains a clean, efficient, and safe shop area. This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the METRO Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position requires working non-traditional and/or odd hours, split-shifts on various days of the week, including holidays. Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include, but are not limited to, bending, stooping, reaching, laying down, twisting, lifting and carrying various-sized and weighted object up to 70 pounds. Regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, and moderate noise. Have a high degree of memory and concentration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
A. Knowledge of:
- Mechanical principles for diesel and gas engines, fluid systems, electrical, power train, chassis, and preventative maintenance inspections.
- Braking, heating, air conditioning, hydraulic systems, and transmissions.
- Safe driving practices.
B. Ability to:
- Learn METRO’s policies and procedures.
- Read, write, and make basic mathematic calculations.
- Work varied hours to cover scheduled operations.
- Exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions spoken or written in English.
- Efficiently manage time and workload, which includes prioritizing, organizing, and following-through on a variety of tasks, assignments, and projects to meet deadlines.
- Bend, stoop, reach, twist, and push/pull and lift up to 85 pounds in a proper safe manner.
- Take initiative and be a productive, contributing member of a team.
- Operate vehicles safely and efficiently.
Minimum Qualifications — Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
A. Required Education:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
B. Required Prior Experience:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Three (3) years of verifiable mechanical experience. Diesel mechanic experience a major plus
C. Special Requirements, including Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Must have a good driving record as defined by CATA.
- At the time of application, must possess a valid Class C Driver’s License, and must have the ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class B CDL with passenger endorsement, issued by the Arkansas Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation, DOT medical examination, and drug screening.
Powered by JazzHR
Rock Region METRO
AddressNorth Little Rock, AR
AutomotiveView all jobs at Rock Region METRO