Territory Sales Representative- Food Safety
- Expired: April 30, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rochester Midland Corporation is seeking a Territory Sales Representative in our Food Safety Division in the Tacoma WA territory. This position will solicit sales and present Food Safety Division products to current and future food manufacturing customers to expand the existing territory base.
Rochester Midland Corporation (RMC) is a leading manufacturer and global supplier of specialty chemicals for food, sanitation, water treatment, legionella control, facility maintenance, & restroom odor control. Rochester Midland is the leader in Green Housekeeping and is involved with green initiatives and other sustainable efforts. Rochester Midland is committed to developing sustainable solutions for health, productivity and the environment.
Benefits of working for Rochester Midland:
- Work from home
- Flexible work schedule
- Open Paid Time Off which gives you the opportunity to take time off as you need it, and we encourage employees to unplug and maintain a work life balance.
- Company provided cell phone and laptop
- Doing something new and different every day!
As a Food Sales Representative, you will be responsible for:
- Working with customers to solve problems and concerns regarding sanitation cleaners and usage.
- Installations and maintenance of chemical feed equipment.
- Be part of a dynamic team of co-workers whose enthusiasm and unified support provides a foundation for success.
- Chemical titrations, inventory stock and reordering.
- Working with customers on safe use and handling of cleaners
Day to Day Activities include:
- Soliciting sales of the Company's Food Safety Division products within an assigned territory by contacting customers and prospects.
- Conveying to customers a complete understanding of each of the Company's products, pricing, applications, and benefits.
- Developing positive relationships by maintaining continuing contact with accounts to promote the Company's products.
- Providing potential customers with proposals on all products in accordance with prices as approved by management.
Education / Special Licenses:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Associates Degree in Science preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience in Food and Beverage Plant: hands on experience within a plant, or sales to Production, Sanitation and Quality required
- Minimum of two years of sales or industry related experience.
- Computer skills including E-mail, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of direct sales methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Selling skills
- Excellent listening, verbal & written communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- Administrative & Problem Solving Skills
- Food Manufacturing knowledge desired
- Product & Technical knowledge desired
- Customer-vendor relations & solutions focus
- Building relationships, collaborative
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Walking extended distances in a factory environment, sometimes on wet surfaces
- Ability to climb ladders
- Efficient use of hand tools for installing and servicing equipment.
- Visual acuity necessary to utilize a computer monitor throughout the course of a normal workday
- Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding activities and operate general office equipment
- Extra hours and some travel may be required, including regular driving between clients.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At RMC, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Powered by JazzHR
Rochester Midland Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Rochester Midland Corporation
Get fresh Territory Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.