Senior Service Technician - Water Energy
- Expired: February 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rochester Midland Corporation is seeking a Senior Service Technician for their Water Energy division in the Detroit, Michigan area. The Senior Service Technician provides service to water energy accounts through efficient monitoring and application of service programs and procedures. This position performs routine troubleshooting, field installations and repairs of chemical feed and control equipment for cooling towers, closed systems, and boilers.
Rochester Midland Corporation (RMC) is a leading manufacturer and global supplier of specialty chemicals for food, sanitation, water treatment, legionella control, facility maintenance, restroom odor control and industrial cleaning.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles and applies treatment products in an environmentally safe manner
- Performs water analyses for various treatment programs and evaluation of program results to determine product effectiveness and assess if product application changes/adjustments are necessary.
- Routinely troubleshoots for problem/solution identification.
- Installs and repairs all chemical feed and control equipment.
- Performs chemical cleanings and power washings of customer equipment.
- Communicates with the Service Supervisor or area Sales Representative
- Service reports on status of existing programs at each account.
- Expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Recommendations for improving existing treatment programs.
- Competitive information.
- Properly care for and maintain all Company-owned equipment including tools, instruments, safety equipment and vehicles.
- Operate Company vehicles in a safe manner.
- Complete all administrative requirements as defined by supervisor.
- Complete basic skills training courses.
- Other similar and comparable duties as required and assigned.
- High school or technical school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license (clean driving record).
- Pesticide applicators license a plus.
- Working level knowledge of water treatment fundamentals, practices, and terminology.
- Five years internal Service Technician experience, or similar equivalent technical experience.
- Strong mechanical, plumbing, and electrical skills
- Competent use of tools & safety equipment
- Chemical testing & interpretation
- Basic understanding of water treatment, cooling towers, and heating systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Capability to move up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Visual acuity necessary to utilize computers and electronic devices.
- Extra hours and some travel may be required
Rochester Midland Corporation
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
AutomotiveView all jobs at Rochester Midland Corporation