To ensure success, Medical Receptionists should be confident and professional and possess effective communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and can effectively react to patient emergencies. The skill below are preferred but will train the right candidate and pay will depend on your experience.
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Answer all phone calls and transfers caller to appropriate staff members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Preauthorization and insurance verification knowledge is a plus
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctors, staff, and patient information.
- Adhere to policy and procedures during all activities.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Faxing, scanning, filing, and mailing
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Medical Receptionist Requirements:
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations is a plus
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills
- Excellent documentation, communication, and proficient computer skills
- Works independently, without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal, written & telephone communication, along with tact, diplomacy
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1+ years of experience working as a medical receptionist preferred
- EMR experience preferred
Rochester Medical Center
Why Work Here?
Great staff with high energy and room for growth for you!