Supports the process engineering, servicing and testing of Production Test Systems and Machines. The position assists in building, assembling, developing and testing prototypes and finalized systems for production of gauges, meters and instruments for the Aviation, Oil & Gas, Transportation and Chemical Industries. Programs PLC's, HMI's, and writes ladder logic as required. Recommends control systems based on knowledge and past experience. Works on a multi-functional team to design, build and commission custom equipment.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent – 10 plus years experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with low volume high mix operations preferred.
- Machine design / build experience.
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Setup and configuration experience with Windows 10 computer systems.
- Tooling experience highly preferred.
- Strong electronic and mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- PLC and HMI experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading and or supporting Kaizen events.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports manufacturing process integrity on assigned production lines.
- Leads and supports equipment design and build projects.
- Works on engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability and safety and lower operation and maintenance costs.
- Interfaces with all Engineering, Manufacturing and Maintenance departments to ensure accuracy of project requirements.
- Production line layout, optimization and balancing.
- Programs PLC's, HMI's and other equipment as required.
**Will consider relocation for qualified candidates**
**Currently not sponsoring work Visas**
**No headhunters or agencies**
Rochester Gauges LLCRochester Gauges, LLC., established in 1950 enjoys an enviable reputation as an industry leader in the manufacturing of high quality electro/mechanical liquid level sensors for its OEM customers.